• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kir

Kir

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:49 AM

Previously I ran Windows XP PRO SP2 and windows media connect, and it worked fine with my xbox360, music and pictures streamed fine.

Today I just installed a version of Windows Media Center Edition 2005 from a CD with no print on it, I "clicked" my way past the "activate windows thingie". It seems to be working fine, but I'm not sure I have the "update roll 2" which I've been reading about. How can I tell if I have it, and where can I find it?

Anyway, I went to to www.xbox.com/pcsetup, and it downloaded some kind of program which was supposed to connect the xbox and the media center PC, but it gets stuck on "authenticating xbox360", and then i says "connection error", and it can't find the xbox. What is wrong?
If I don't have the update rollout2, this program would've warned me, would'nt it?
Has anyone else managed to connect WMCE and the xbox360 with a WMCE CD without the "windows logo" on it?

#2 lilbplaya3406

lilbplaya3406

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:05 AM

The cd without the logo on it, did u buy it from ebay or something because the might be pirated

#3 Kir

Kir

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:28 PM

ah.. If it would be, is there no way around it?`
Maybe someone here has tried with one without the logo on and made it work?

#4 Kir

Kir

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

I got it working, send me an email at olof@nevskij.a.se if you wanna know anything.

#5 DKC

DKC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:36 PM

Kir, tell us every thing here wink.gif

#6 p$ilocybin

p$ilocybin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

i am using a non logo media center edition, no problems with it yet. since it only comes with media center pc's im guessing they all are non logo..correct??

Edited by p$ilocybin, 16 January 2006 - 10:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users