• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 S1lenT_X

S1lenT_X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Xbox, Electronics, Movies, Modding.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:01 AM

I have just finished installing an Aladdin XT Lite onto a version 1.6 xbox motherboard. I used an LPC rebuild board and pin header.

I am having many problems. First of all, the chip wouldn't come on. The xbox would simply start up to MSDash even after holding the power button for a second.

All of the pads on the LPC rebuild board are making good, solid contact with the pads on the mobo. All of the LPC points are also good. The original solder-work was perfect, but i have resoldered everything more than three times each, even using a little flux.

The Bt and L1 points on the chip are nicely soldered to the corresponding points on the top of the mobo. I have also resoldered these points multiple times. The D0 point on the chip is wired to a D0 pad on the LPC rebuild board (which is soldered to the alternate D0 point on the back of the mobo.) Everything seems to be in order, but i keep getting the same problem. The chip won't seem to boot.

I tried strapping the "x" pad and the D0 pad together on the chip. No luck. I tried to boot the modchip by strapping the D0 directly to ground. Still no luck.

Now, after trying numerous different methods to make the chip work, the xbox displays no screen at all. I don't even get a black screen. My television simply states that it is receiving no signal when the xbox is on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i have no idea what to try next.

Thanks.

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:53 AM

Hello there,

Firstly ... Well done as it seems you have tried many logical steps in fault finding your install problem !
Now i want you to forget everything for a second and just ground d0 on the xbox motherboard. Unplug the chip and test it.

To ground d0:

Simply solder one wire from the d0 point on the back of the xbox motherboard ( not the chip ) to the metal ring around any screw hole ( theres one right near the LPC ) just bring the piece of wirewrap up through the lpc hole 15 or 16 as they are unused !

Now tutn on the xbox and it should FRAG ( flash Red And Green ) if it doesn't then d0 is not grounded !

Once it's FRAGing this means D0 is grounded and you can now solder a small wire link from BT to GROUND on the chip like this ...

IPB Image

and now plug the Aladdin XT back on the pin header and test again !

Also check out my ... HackDaBox's Aladin XT Troubleshooter !

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 18 December 2005 - 12:05 PM.

#3 S1lenT_X

S1lenT_X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:48 AM

Ok, thanks for the reply HackDaBox.

Firstly, i completely removed the chip and left only the LPC rebuild board attatched to the mobo. When i turned on the xbox, the green light turned on and off twice, then the box fragged. There was no video signal.

Then I tried testing the D0 point by grounding it. I can't tell whether it's grounding or not because i get the same problem. Green twice then frag. Then i soldered the BT to LPC#2 and put the chip on the header. I turned on the xbox and still had the same problem.

Maybe something has gone wrong with the LPC rebuild board's installation? While i was troubleshooting the chip, i may have put it on the LPC header wrong on an occasion. Could this have caused these problems?

Thanks again.

Here is a pic of the LPC rebuild board. Currently the only thing modified on the mobo:
IPB Image

Edited by S1lenT_X, 21 December 2005 - 02:19 AM.

#4 S1lenT_X

S1lenT_X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:59 AM

*bump* Hey, i really need some help with this one. Thanks.

#5 MMXMonster

MMXMonster

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Latitude - 41 44' 00.21" N, Longitude 71 24' 25.37" W
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:39 AM

Just an observation and I could be way off so sorry if I am... but it seems they have changed where they get the power for the chip versus from there other rebuild boards. It looks like the new point is below the top most solder spot... if so I can't tell if there is a trace that connects to the proper pin on the header or if they assume you will bring a wire directly to the chip from the small copper lug next to that new point. From the pics it just looks like it terminate there, and that could be the problem... your not powering the chip. Anyone else see what I am talking about?

This is what I ran into when using another type of rebuild board. Take a look HERE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users