Photo

Fs: Forget The 360, Buy This One Of A Kind Xbox!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Virtudude

Virtudude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:22 PM

This baby is truly one of a kind. It's the pinnacle of all of the work I did here: http://www.monkeycity.com/multixbox/

The most important feature of this box is the dual boot setup. It has the original OEM drive and a 120gig drive. There's a switch on the front that allows you to not only switch the modchip on and off, but switch between the two drives. When the chip is off, you're using the OEM drive. When the chip is on, you're using the 120gig drive. There's a red LED on the front that lets you know which mode you're in. This allows you to use live without getting banned, and have whatever content you want on the modded drive. (Linux, XBMC, etc.)

To fit the two 3.5" hard drives, I moved everything to a Mini ATX PC case. The Xbox motherboard is custom mounted inside, and an adapter was used so that it could use ATX power. Because I was already using the PC case, I figured "Hey, what the heck" and mounted a modified Samsung drive inside. This drive can read original Xbox games, and everything else. The front of the case was modified to use the power and reset buttons, and the Xbox green/orange led was hooked up as well. Additionally, the four controller ports were mounted in the front.

Next, I added an IR receiver for power, so you can power on and off using the Xbox DVD remote.

This thing rocks! Check out some photos:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This thing took me several months to put together. It's truly the ultimate Xbox.

I'm looking for around $500 for this beauty, but feel free to make me a reasonable offer.

I'll also include the DVD dongle/remote, a wireless Logitech controller, and the advanced A/V pack.

[This is a repost of another thread. Mod asked me to create a new one without mention of another system for sale. Please don't view this as a dup. Thanks!]

#2 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:07 PM

what is the total weight of that beastly xbox?

#3 Virtudude

Virtudude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Dec 17 2005, 07:14 PM) View Post

what is the total weight of that beastly xbox?

I would have to guess it's like ... 25 pounds or so.

#4 Virtudude

Virtudude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:56 AM

Bump! I'm taking reasonable offers! :-)

#5 Virtudude

Virtudude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:10 PM

Self bumpage. Accepting all reasonable offers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users