falz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (badmonkey @ Apr 22 2003, 06:34 AM)
It loads up and appears to be running just fine. I go through the little intro talking and get to a point with the guy standing in front of a statue. It appears that I am supposed to be taking control of him and walking down the path, but I don't have any control. It doesn't appear to be locked up because the music is still going, and the sprites are still animated. I just can't control him.

That has nothing to do with gens, its a bad lunar rip floating around. Get audio track 52 for it.

#62 badmonkey

badmonkey

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2003 - 04:48 PM

Ahhhhhhh ok.

Thanks

#63 akumax

akumax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 05:36 PM

How do I make a cue sheet using just the ISO and MP3s? What program do I use?

#64 pelago

pelago

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (captain_harlock @ Apr 22 2003, 01:31 PM)
I would like to second the motions about moving the save/load state items to a menu rather than a button combo. Especially because I use the in game reset a lot, and that uses left trigger and black button, and wouldn't want to accidentally save state . . .

QUOTE (Xport)
IGR for me is LTRIGGER+RTRIGGER+START+BACK. Why do you have yours set to LTRIGGER+BLACK?

captain_harlock is using a Controller S, I believe, and because of the different placement of the buttons, the Executor BIOS allows an IGR pattern of LTRIGGER+RTRIGGER+START+BLACK. I think what captain_harlock is saying is that if he tries to do an IGR, he might accidently save state which he wouldn't want to do.

I think it would be excellent to be able to re-map all buttons/functions. That would (theoretically) keep everyone happy, although a pain to make a GUI, especially for the ones where you hold multiple buttons at once.

pelago

#65 Shadowland

Shadowland

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 07:17 PM

Just wanted to express my thanks for this emulator Xport, and for FCEultra & HU-GO/HUGO-CD while I'm at it.

Simply awesome! cool.gif

#66 mr jones

mr jones

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 07:28 PM

Welcome to the boards, bro.

And I'm STILL not going back to the pipe. smile.gif

#67 therock0316

therock0316

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 10:43 PM

any chance of the 32xCD games being supported like Night Trap 32x and Farenheit 32x CD?????

#68 captain_harlock

captain_harlock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (XPort @ Apr 22 2003, 01:21 PM)
re: sound in Lunar - are you saying this happens all the time? The sound goes away in Lunar after playing it for about an hour? Have you experienced this with any other CD games? Have you experienced this with cartridge games?

Thanks again for the great work, and for the attentive responses on this message board. My experience with GensX v2 and Lunar SS has been this : the game works fantastically and the speed trigger is super handy for zipping through the slow parts. But after a long while of playing the sound faded out, and won't come back. If I restart the emulator, it appears to come back. This isn't a major deal . . .

Also, thanks for the tip on the Back+Start in the option screen. Works great.

#69 bzchi

bzchi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 12:39 AM

Well i'll add my thanks to xport as well for this sweet as port.

Excellent work on getting the V2 out so quickly, the small problems I had were fixed before I had a chance to report them smile.gif

I have a bug report and a feature request for V2 but im not sure if I can configure it myself to fix the problems (so if anyone knows please help me out)

The first is with directory browsing, is there any way to have the directories listed at the top of page instead of mixed in with all the roms alphabetically?

The second is, when I try to load Virtua Racing 32X I get a message from the game along the lines up "This game was created for use on Euopean Mega Drive consoles only" so im gathering the emulator is saying its a US Genesis, is there a way to change this easily?

Thats about it, thanks again for your hard work on the emu!

#70 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 April 2003 - 01:02 AM

excellent work, man. it plays popful mail and sol-feace, which i couldn't even get to work on the win version.

i dunno if this was said somewhere (short attention span), but to those who're switching to this gens from the PC or Hikaru's (no offense to him, but how could you not), all old save rams (srm, brm, etc.) can be sent to this emu on the XBOX. they just go in /E/UDATA/ffff051f/10B0102C7AEB/

Hikaru's gens-x saves went in /E/90x26/Sega Mega Drive/Save Data/ , so if you went kinda far in a game on his emu, and didn't want to start over, just transfer those files. it may've been mentioned, but i didn't see it.

anyway, superb, but having said that, i do have some thoughts...

can you let us set up some skins/wallpaper/textures? i'm not asking for any because i always make my own, but i just wanna be able to use them. you don't seem to be concerned with them, but i'm REALLY concerned with them.

thanx man.

#71 ghost gamer

ghost gamer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Koitsu @ Apr 23 2003, 02:02 AM)
can you let us set up some skins/wallpaper/textures? i'm not asking for any because i always make my own, but i just wanna be able to use them. you don't seem to be concerned with them, but i'm REALLY concerned with them.

yes please. please. this is the only thing i have against your ports. im grinding my teeth over it now biggrin.gif

#72 jizzlobber

jizzlobber

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (bzchi @ Apr 23 2003, 12:39 AM)
The second is, when I try to load Virtua Racing 32X I get a message from the game along the lines up "This game was created for use on Euopean Mega Drive consoles only" so im gathering the emulator is saying its a US Genesis, is there a way to change this easily?

gens-x takes a guess at what region the game is but it isn't always correct.
you can force the emu to EURO by selecting the game with another button (in this case it's the black or white button, check the readme).

i'm not sure what VR32x I have but gens-x doesn't fuck it up

#73 bzchi

bzchi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 05:25 AM

Thanks jizzlobber, much appreciated.

I have skimmed the readme a couple of times, both times I was so keen to get into the gaming I missed this.

Thanks for your help and apologies to everyone for asking an already answered question unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users