• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:51 PM

i have been posting a bunch lately because i just went from softmodding to my first flash-enabled TSOP recently, and i'm still trying to get up to speed on all this crap. as the thread title says, i'm trying to find out what (if any) options exist for some sort of multi-boot thing in the BIOS. what i mean by that is simply being able to select at boot which dash is loaded, like "if you hold R during boot, it loads dash2, else it loads dash1".
i know there are various ways of doing that but i'm not sure what they all are. to further wrinkle the matter, i'm running without a DVD drive which AFAIK means i cannot use dualboot.xbe or anything else DVD tray related. dualboot.xbe made the system lock up when i turned it on via the Eject button.
oh and as i said before, the system i'm working on is a v1.0 with a 1MB flash-enabled Hynix TSOP. i currently have iNd-BIOS flashed onto it, but i'm not 100% happy with it. can multi-boot like this even be done on a TSOP?

#2 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:01 PM

Theres a program called X-Select which can allow for multiple dashboards, it will slow your boot process by about a second but I think it will do what you want.

Before the flamers arrive, I know it's not an inbuilt bios based multi-boot, but it's an alternative if nothing else shows up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users