preetkk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:57 PM

Hi,
is there any homebrew app that will let me view my pc on my xbox, i know there are apps but the site's search isn't working, i use 1 for my psp, just need 1 for my xbox.

Thanks

#2 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(preetkk @ Dec 20 2005, 06:04 PM) View Post

Hi,
is there any homebrew app that will let me view my pc on my xbox, i know there are apps but the site's search isn't working, i use 1 for my psp, just need 1 for my xbox.

Thanks
Ever heard of Linux? wink.gif

#3 preetkk

preetkk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:34 PM

lol, my xbox is softmodded and just wondered if there was a app (for vnc) that would go in the applications oin unleash x.

thanks

#4 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(preetkk @ Dec 21 2005, 02:41 PM) View Post

lol, my xbox is softmodded and just wondered if there was a app (for vnc) that would go in the applications oin unleash x.

thanks
You didn't answer my question... and I don't see the "lol" in that. sleep.gif

#5 preetkk

preetkk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 01:25 PM

yeah m8 i know linux, i have one of the linux disc's for my xbox i aint got a clue which 1 cause i only copied it then used it once.

#6 praganzi

praganzi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:58 AM

*BUMP*

Yes, I know about Linux (my OS of choice here at home), but would like a standalone XBE that just fires up instantly. Ish.

I'm about to do a major overhaul of the computers and network system at home, with the main controlling computer (torrents, downloads, FTP server, thin client booter, main media storage and streaming, DHCP and caching proxy) about to be put into a cupboard with no keyboard, mouse or monitor.

I've got VNC clients for the other PCs (one Winblows and the others Linux / thin client) and for the piddly Nintendo DS. I'd also like the option of VNC from the Xbox.

I know that I can just get out of bed, stroll to the other side of the house and log on, but I'm a lazy Pom living in New Zealand, and the phrases "decent heating" and "insulation" hadn't made it to the Antipodes when my house was built. It's also winter at the moment, and wearing a fleece to go to the loo is getting a bid old.

I'm too young to start wearing a cardy and slippers, hence the bump, so if anyone can point me towards someone that might be porting the client over, it would be appreciated. Not enough to send you beer, but appreciated nonetheless.

Cheers,

Nick.

Edited by praganzi, 19 August 2009 - 07:00 AM.

#7 hellknight

hellknight

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:58 AM

XBMC doesnt do VNC but you can view and stream anything you have shared (pics,videos,music) it also has an FTP client so you can access your PC via FTP so you can at least view what torrents you have finished and even check the quality by watching, listening or viewing the files when they are done i know it isn't what you really want but at least if you use your admin account via FTP you can move, rename, delete files off of your PC from your xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users