Photo

Hosed Dashboard Thanks To Xbox Live, Now What?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jfkjfk

jfkjfk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:15 AM

So I appear to have been victim to my Evo X Dash being hosed due to a connection to Xbox Live.. Although I'd thought it been very careful about this.. but alas when I turned on my xbox today, it gave me some message about connecting to live for updates automatically.. I thought this was weird, and suddenly I have no EvoX.. I actually pulled the connection to the Inet before I hit the OK button on the warning dialog..

It went through some loading process and hung at 100%... So I rebooted.. However if I boot with the DVD in it xbox hangs..

No, DVD in, and it will boot to MS Dash.. Im in the process of downloading the slayer auto install cd(which I belive will reinstall the dash, and all my other stuff should remain intact??)

But Im still a little confused on why I can't load DVD's now?? Did I hose something since I aborted the update?

Im gonna assume my system must have already been banned from live because of this, but is there any way to find out??

So if Im already banned can I connect to live and have it at least finish the update if it's kind of hosed my dvd player function??

Anyhow.. Thanks for any help..

#2 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:38 AM

Do you have a modchip installed? Specifically a Matrix or Chameleon? If not then this post really doesn't belong here. I'm probably wrong as you didn't go into much detail about your setup, but it sounds like you may have had an older softmod that was overwritten by the XBL update. I have no problem with trying to help you solve your problem if you have net yet done so, but I will need more information on your XBox setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users