• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pynky

Pynky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:01 AM

I softmodded my friends xbox and he accidently deleted his dashboard xbe trying to get something to work with this media centre pc.

When i boot his xbox i get an error 16, meaning the clock is reset and it can't find a dash to boot to reset it. (cuz he unplugged it and brought it to my house)
Whe i try to boot a game, same error because of the clock.

If i can fix the clock i SHOULD be able to boot up the Splinter Cell game i used to softmod his xbox, getting ftp access to it and restoring his dashboard.xbe.

I myself only have a softmodded xbox. I read somewhere i can unlock my drive, stick it in his, boot his xbox up, set the clock, take my drive back... BUT THEN I realized this might not be the case since i'm softmodded and i probably can't boot my drive if i unlock it, and probably keep me from booting my drive when i put it back into my own xbox.

What are my options for restoring my friends dashboard? basically just need to get that ONE file back onto his C:\

any help is greatly appreciated.

-Pynky

Edited by Pynky, 21 December 2005 - 06:10 AM.

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:22 AM

hotswap? xboxhdm?

#3 Pynky

Pynky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:25 AM

I have a laptop :s Any other suggestions?

Edited by Pynky, 21 December 2005 - 06:25 AM.

#4 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:30 AM

ok, a chip would be an option too. I have anoter idea but I don't know if it works...
load up (coldboot) the good xbox with a evox disc with right ftp settings. then unplug the hd and put the unlocked hd from the bad xbox in there.
I've done this a number of times on my chipped xbox so I don't know what results you get.

#5 Pynky

Pynky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:35 AM

how would i unlock the "bad" xbox harddrive in order to do that?

i got both cases off sitting beside me, and tried booting one with the other HD and visa versa. i can't really do anything with the "bad" xbox other than turn it on or unplug the drive. it's usless until i get the clock set on it.

i'm looking at two options, rebuilding the stock drive in the broken xbox (i have the eeprom backup, just no PC to do hotswap and xboxhdm) or fixing the clock issue so that i can boot splinter cell and remod (crossing my fingers for this one)

Edited by Pynky, 21 December 2005 - 06:40 AM.

#6 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:46 AM

to unlock the bad hd you can look at any hotswapping tut. I always just unplug the dvd drive and let it boot to the error screen and then unplug the hd (all the time powered on offcourse)

since you have the eeprom you wouldn't need to hotswap IF you had a pc or a chipped xbox you could swap hd's with.

and no there is no way to set the clock without it succesfully booting.

#7 Pynky

Pynky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:52 AM

Ok, i'll try to build a PC i can boot the xboxhdm linux iso with, and then hotswap the drive to rebuild it. I guess this is the only option for fixing it.

thanks krayzie. at least i think i've exhausted all other options.

have a good night.

#8 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:02 PM

I allready told you you don't have to hotswap to xboxhdm since you have the eeprom. It would simply be the case of just plugging the hd in the pc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users