• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShureD23

ShureD23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 06:35 AM

I have a 1.1 xbox with matrix chip. flashed with Executer bios. . using evolution X dash. . .it was working fine all weekend . . I was running XBMP having fun playing all my mp3's etc etc

now things aren't looking so good .. I turned it on and it was fragging. . tried to realign the pins but ended up threading the screw. . managed to lodge some plastic and tighten the screw. . the chip shows green light but I know that this might not mean that the pins are necessarily perfectly aligned. Now all I get is the stupid screen saying my xbox needs servicing. .. no shit

I've been reading posts so theres a few things im gonna try but before i do i have a few questions..

i) when i load straight from a games disk it loads the game ok ? just wondering why this might be ?

ii) when I take the chip out it still shows the service screen. Would reimaging the xbox back to its original format fix this ? How do I get my original box bios and startup back on the HD?

iii) has anyone that has had this problem reflashed their chip and found that it works fine ?

Appreciate your replys.

#2 Fire

Fire

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Internet<br />Cars<br />Computers<br />Gadgets<br />Electronics<br />TV<br />Satellite
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 April 2003 - 11:36 AM

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif hey.. to fix the error message.. u need to tell us what error message are you getting...
heres a list of errors and their codes (straight from SUPERFRO's tuturiol)
1 - bootldr - Unknown exactly, something to do with checking the motherboard

2 - bootldr - Eeprom check failed

3 - bootldr - ??/not used

4 - bootldr - Ram check failed

5 - kernel - HDD not locked (retail bioses require the hd to be locked)

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

7 - kernel - HDD timeout

8 - kernel - No HDD found

9 - kernel - HDD parameters (PIO/DMA/or size {debug}, certain size minimum is required for debug)

10 - kernel - DVD timeout

11 - kernel - No DVD Founnd

12 - kernel - DVD parameters (PIO/DMA)

13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

14 - dashboard - Error loading dashboard (dashboard generic error)

15 - - ??/not used

16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)

17 - - ??/not used

18 - - ??/not used

19 - - ??/not used

20 - kernel - The dashboard was attempted to load and failed; It was a cold boot, and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed, but it (for some reason) needed to be noted that the dvd passed the challenge/response authentication

21 - anywhere - This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag

------------------------------
IF the error code is 21.. some 1 has re-arranged things in drive C, and it has nothing to do with the flashing, etc... re-formating (from your backup (Which you should have done) will solve this).. if you havent... dont stress.. you can get the "original contents of C:" from places alll around the WEB..
ive even got my own backup.. so i might be able to help you....

PM me with the error code, and if it is 21... then state whether or not u want a link to "original MS contents on drive c"

CHEERRS unsure.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users