• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Gobelet

Gobelet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Webmastering, Gaming systems, PHP...
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:01 PM

Hi,

I don't want to do a mod or admin's job, but I'd just ask you to read that before posting. I'll try to recap things that couldn't possibly work. DO NOT make a new thread about these things -- they have been discussed before and people were flamed. I just want to avoid this.
  • Bunnie is not the answer: He helped a lot for the first Xbox, but he said he wouldn't touch the 360. Maybe because he signed something with MS, to stop his acting. We don't know, and he won't say.
  • About the signatures: You can't sign a XEX file. We weren't able to sign them on the first Xbox. If we wanted to sign our homebrew stuff, we would need the private key. MS has it, on a computer in a secured vault, disconnected from the network (we're not sure of course, but I think they'd have to do that). Maybe 2 people are allowed to touch the machine. It won't happen. Also, we can't bruteforce the key! It would be way too long. You can even be pretty sure that we couldn't find the key. Not even in our lifespan.
  • Stripping the signature/the media check: If you touch the file, you're done. But if the media check fails too, you're screwed. I don't think we can go this way.
  • D0 Point/LPC Bus: The LPC Bus exists, but there's no actual way to exploit it. Maybe in the future it will be the way, once again, to "hack" the box. But not yet.
  • More about the hypervisor: From what I understood, the hypervisor is activated in the boot sequence. We can't decrypt the whole thing yet. If we can, maybe it could be done.
  • Softmods?: Not yet. Or maybe never, because of the hypervisor.
  • Xbox 1 backup working?: MS wouldn't be dumb enough to let backups of old Xbox games work. Those are rumors.
  • Exploiting bugs through Backwards Compatibility?: The emulator is running in a sandbox, and still checked by the hypervisor. Also, you can't use your old savegames on the Xbox 360.
  • Inject data through Live! connection?: No. The data link is encrypted too.
  • "ZOMG liek, letz dump teh BIOS and Xecuter will do wicked stuff wit it": Stop this kind of posts. We're trying to investigate on real paths, and we don't need this kind of posts. Thank you.
  • "MY FREIEND CRAXORED TEH XBOX, HE WONT TELL U YET BUT ULL SEE SOON": Proof? By proof I mean schemes, detailed operation, photos of all the process, and eventually a video of you playing backups. No cuts in the video, and we want to see all the wires exposed, from the 360 to the TV, including the controller cable.
Of course, this list is non-exhaustive. You can add things by replying, and I'll update the list.

For the own good of this community, try to avoid this kind of posts. If you have something useful to make us go forward, we'll listen to you. But suggesting solutions that worked for the old Xbox isn't helping. We know you're trying to help, but please read this first.

Enjoy your stay, and be constructive smile.gif

- Gobelet (who doesn't want to look like someone dictating its own rules, but does it anyway biggrin.gif)

EDIT: Just saw that heinrich posted guidelines too... Ah well, felt like I was a little more detailed.

Edited by Gobelet, 21 December 2005 - 10:39 PM.

#2 crystalgeek

crystalgeek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Electronics and anything I can undo with a screwdriver
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

lets not ask question about playing xbox BU's on 360, been tried but i keep seeing treads about it
EDIT: Good post btw, bout time
EDIT(2): Theres always the good old. OMG YALL I JUST CRAX THE 360 click here to see how bah humbug, but merry xmas to everyone

Edited by crystalgeek, 21 December 2005 - 10:13 PM.

#3 Gobelet

Gobelet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(crystalgeek @ Dec 22 2005, 12:13 AM) View Post

lets not ask question about playing xbox BU's on 360, been tried but i keep seeing treads about it
EDIT: Good post btw, bout time
EDIT(2): Theres always the good old. OMG YALL I JUST CRAX THE 360 click here to see how bah humbug, but merry xmas to everyone

Thanks for the feedback smile.gif Added your suggestions.

#4 tnbigdawg

tnbigdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:29 PM

How about no Posting about clustering xboxes or computers to brute force the keys?
This has been talked about and yet I saw another recent post on the same subject. From my understanding, doing it this way, we would eventually get the key.....but not in our lifetime.

#5 Gobelet

Gobelet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(tnbigdawg @ Dec 22 2005, 12:36 AM) View Post

How about no Posting about clustering xboxes or computers to brute force the keys?
This has been talked about and yet I saw another recent post on the same subject. From my understanding, doing it this way, we would eventually get the key.....but not in our lifetime.

Added, thanks smile.gif

#6 DkT Friendly

DkT Friendly

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:45 PM

It would work but to get it in the next 5 years wed ne the damn Cray 2 or IBMS supercomputer which cna both send data at a rate of 200 teraflops a second

#7 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(DkT Friendly @ Dec 21 2005, 01:52 PM) View Post

It would work but to get it in the next 5 years wed ne the damn Cray 2 or IBMS supercomputer which cna both send data at a rate of 200 teraflops a second

Actually....not in the universes lifetime if we used all the computing power on earth as of right now. If we harnessed the power of the sun....and used it to power modern computers...it still wouldn't be enough to check 1% of the possible numbers.

#8 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 December 2005 - 01:13 AM

Bunnie is not the answer

nope, 42 is

Also, we can't bruteforce the key!

im glad im not the only person who undertsands this (well, me and VoR)

Stripping the signature/the media check
same as abvoe (no, media type is not the same as bitsetting)

Xbox 1 backup working?

gotta have peopel who have nothign better to do than spread stupid rumors

Exploiting bugs through Backwards Compatibility?

best we can hope for here is to emulate a modded xbox, not modding 360, plus the emualtion program is very game-specific, more then likely any of our homebrew code will simply crash the emulator

"ZOMG liek, letz dump teh BIOS and Xecuter will do wicked stuff wit it"

im sure they could, trouble isnt hacking the bios, trouble is getting the hacked bios loaded into memory where it can actually do some good

"MY FREIEND CRAXORED TEH XBOX, HE WONT TELL U YET BUT ULL SEE SOON"

good for your friend, so why isnt he posting this?

well that sums up my form responses to these kinds of people, nice post, we need to get more folks like you in here, thin out the uber-1337 hax0r kiddies a bit

#9 SilentWatcher

SilentWatcher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:40 AM

Good post if this were stickied there would be a massive decrease in repetitive questions.

#10 Gobelet

Gobelet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(SilentWatcher @ Dec 22 2005, 04:47 AM) View Post

Good post if this were stickied there would be a massive decrease in repetitive questions.

Exactly my thoughts, could a mod sticky this? Would be cool smile.gif Thank you!

#11 1nick9

1nick9

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:50 PM

indeed this should b stickied, was gettin so sick of all thoses post bout "bunnie will do it" and so on.

im glad im not the only person who undertsands this (well, me and VoR)

hey i thought they went without sayin, add me to that pplz that understands them tongue.gif

cheers beerchug.gif

#12 DaBiscuit

DaBiscuit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, VGM, Console modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Dec 22 2005, 12:20 AM) View Post
im glad im not the only person who undertsands this (well, me and VoR
If you're keeping a list, I want to be on it. Even the much smaller RSA keys would require many, many years to factor, and I understand just enough maths to be aware of how much the scale of the project increases. Prime numbers really suck, from a programming point of view.

#13 erikk

erikk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

great thread and great conclusion, but why this forum exists with these kind of topics????

#14 Gobelet

Gobelet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:54 PM

Could someone pin this? Would be cool smile.gif

EDIT: By the way I can't edit it anymore... Had some stuff to add, too bad dry.gif

Edited by Gobelet, 23 December 2005 - 11:56 PM.

#15 DaBiscuit

DaBiscuit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, VGM, Console modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE(Gobelet @ Dec 23 2005, 11:01 PM) View Post
By the way I can't edit it anymore... Had some stuff to add, too bad dry.gif

If it gets stickied maybe a mod would add your extra bits to it, or you could post an updated version which would become the sticky. PM a Head Mod like Chancer or Mr. Ed, or possibly the admin, HSDEMONZ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users