whitebwoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:39 AM

I just finished playing this game online for like 5 hours, I had a really good time. Its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The only thing is the odd game that lags, but otherwise pretty good.

#2 eversio11

eversio11

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:52 AM

Agreed, people are making way too big of a deal over the lag. Yes, it is one of the poorest online components I've ever seen designed for a game, ever, but CoD2 is just too much damn fun multiplayer. Especially the urban levels.

#3 whitebwoy

whitebwoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE(eversio11 @ Dec 22 2005, 04:59 AM) View Post

Agreed, people are making way too big of a deal over the lag. Yes, it is one of the poorest online components I've ever seen designed for a game, ever, but CoD2 is just too much damn fun multiplayer. Especially the urban levels.

i completely agree

#4 xmaniac2003

xmaniac2003

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:27 AM

What makes it lag are those damn DSL whores. PPL get REAL broadband not cheap imitations. Cable not a phone line.

#5 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:52 AM

Its not just the lag that is crap. Its the entire settings. Its a pain in the ass to play with any friends. You basically have to hurry up into a game, hurry up and then invite them to the game before it fills up which half the time its already full before they can get in. Why does it have to do this? Why is there no option to create your own game, own weapons, own map? Everyone I have heard likes cod2, even the multiplayer, but its just sad how they have a great game but screw up the multiplayer. Thats your major concerns. Also the lag is a big deal sometimes. I can go a good 2 hours of playing fine, then all of a sudden, every single game is lag, even when your hosting? How the hell is that possible? Thats happened to me a couple of times. That shows you there is something messed up with the online. All they need to do is make some adjustments to what they already have. I tend to think they didnt have time to finish the game for launch so they hurried up and rushed through the online. Im sure they will fix it though.

#6 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(xmaniac2003 @ Dec 21 2005, 11:34 PM) View Post

What makes it lag are those damn DSL whores. PPL get REAL broadband not cheap imitations. Cable not a phone line.

Your stupid,,,, I work for Telco who offers Cable and DSL via telephony... We offer Canle speeds 5Mbps (even though its your upload that caounts for lag) And we offer beta testing 24Mbps DSL (That's right 24Mbps DSL with 3Mbps Upload) Beat that with your cable jester.gif

#7 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

the interface and options are rather limited but the game itself is great. other then the lag you get every few games its a blast online.

#8 mitch2025

mitch2025

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(xmaniac2003 @ Dec 21 2005, 11:34 PM) View Post

i guess my 3.5Mbps DL and 1.2MbpsUL DSL is a cheap imitation rolleyes.gif

#9 IronestMaiden

IronestMaiden

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:49 PM

as long as u dont play online with 56k its not gonna be your fault you lagging,hell i play bf2 64 man servers with my dsl thats 3.5 megabits down and 768k up and i never have lag in those games.

and dude u can play a16 man xbox game online with like a 120k connection so lets not talk here ok

#10 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:50 AM

I don't think people are complaining about the fun factor of online COD2, it's very fun. I've played many hours online. The complaints come from it's very poor/too basic interface and lag problems. I can't wait for the patch.

#11 Xraycat1234567

Xraycat1234567

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Dec 22 2005, 09:14 AM) View Post

Your stupid,,,, I work for Telco who offers Cable and DSL via telephony... We offer Canle speeds 5Mbps (even though its your upload that caounts for lag) And we offer beta testing 24Mbps DSL (That's right 24Mbps DSL with 3Mbps Upload) Beat that with your cable jester.gif

HAHAHA "YOUR STUPID" It's funny when you call someone stupid but don't know your own language. For you retards, it should be "you're stupid"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users