65 replies to this topic

#1 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 10:55 AM

In approximately 2 months time I would like to start to build a homebrew xbox game - but am looking for various team members for this project. I am currently looking for coders and graphic designers. So far I have 4 people in the team, 1 coder, 2 graphic designers [1 is a proffesional and does 3d graphics for a living] and myself [I am putting the team together, storyboarding the game and creating sound for it].

The game itself will be a mixture between Turok and Duke Nukem, for example there would be dinosaurs who would be the enemy and the guy [that the user controls] would be something similar to duke nukem, with his comical remarks, this will all be in 3d. I currently have 3d models of all the required dinosaurs for this game as well as their individual textures.

Nothing needs to be 100% original, we could use say the doom game engine or something like that [which is open source] for this game, as well as freely distributed sounds that are on the internet.

Please leave a message here if you are interested, and some background information about yourself and if you have worked on any previous software for xbox or pc, please no time wasters.

Thanks.

#2 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 09:09 AM

If people do not know that they are free then, but are interested then please let me know.

Also to those people who would like to see this project take off, please leave a message here to encourage people to join the team, thanks.

If you would like to see some models of the dinosaurs leave a message here as well, thanks.

Edited by the_Watchers_eye, 23 April 2003 - 09:11 AM.

#3 t_rex

t_rex

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:BMX_BMX_BMX_ and a little xbox :p

Posted 23 April 2003 - 09:33 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing the models smile.gif

#4 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 12:50 PM

ok when I get back from my day trip I will post some, got to find a host for them as well, but that should be easy.

#5 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 11:32 PM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#6 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 08:55 AM

bump, come on people.

#7 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2003 - 10:39 AM

I must say thoughs models look damned good...i don't know jack shit about coding (and yes i did try to learn) but i could do the front of a dvd case for you?
keep up good work!

#8 b166ir

b166ir

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 01:24 PM

wow very good models what you use 3d max or maya ??

i can help for some voice stuff i'm a voice actor

#9 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 09:08 PM

thanks for the help guys, chillin dude I did not think of that, it would be great though once things get started, so yeh I don't mind you making a cover for it, although I don't have a name for the game or a team name just yet.

b166ir I was initially thinking of holding a competition on the voice acting, but if you can come up with the right voice then I would implement it into the game. Was thinking approximately 50 different lines in total.

Like I said before, nothing needs to be 100% original, I have not created those models, but can use them - I have them in 3d Max, Maya and Lightwave.

Also from the xboxhacker someone has come forward to help with the background music, which is great.

Still in need of those coders and graphic designers so please help if you are ready this, it is 100% genuine, thanks.

beerchug.gif

#10 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 08:12 AM

Just a quick update. Things will hopefully start in just over a months time, why then you saying? Well I have my Final Year University Exams coming up, last one is on the 16th but might relax 2 or 3 days after that instead of trying to start this project.

Unfortunately the lack of supporters for the coding side means that we might have to take things in to our own hands and do the coding, will have to see about that.

#11 deusprogrammer

deusprogrammer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Electronics, System Modifications, and Anime
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:09 PM

I am a programmer. Although the idea of your game really doesn't interest me much, I would be interested in coding for you. Email me at: anime6@earthlink.net . I can tell you about MY game idea that I have working on...maybe we can collaborate on that too.

Edited by deusprogrammer, 14 May 2003 - 08:13 PM.

#12 BigGanja

BigGanja

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 May 2003 - 05:53 PM

I wanna help just lemme know what you want me to do M8,

I would be most interested in the Graphical, musical or SFX side of things, sorry i aint really the programming type, but even still if your interested gimme a shout I'm sure that i can contribute in some sort of way smile.gif

#13 Videogamebuyer14

Videogamebuyer14

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Interests:cars, girls, building computers, making techno, etc. All the good stuff.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:48 PM

If i can be of any assistance, Im highly skilled in Adobe Photoshop.... Let me know...
wink.gif

#14 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 04:39 PM

thanks for the replies people.

I will contact you all when we start, sometime after 16th June [after my final exam].

If anyone can find models of different guns to use in the game, then that would be great.

smile.gif

#15 Wishi

Wishi

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 May 2003 - 05:26 PM

Those pictures look to have very high polygon counts. I guess you'll be reducing them down!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users