X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Anything xbox :-)
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:32 AM

Hmm... Great. News leak on the 3rd shipment of the 360 on CNN... and I received reliable info from an employee that at least one of the local Best Buys around me is going to get a shipment in tomorrow. I'm thinking about camping it out tomorrow at another Best Buy that's closer(the one I called is an hour away)... I've learned from my mistake this weekend. If indeed they're going to receive a shipment tomorrow and sell Friday, I'm gonna make god damn sure I'm gettin one and camp out starting tomorrow morning... and keep in mind that this has been leaked on the news... Think this is a good idea? This might even turn out to be a repeat of this last weekend, probably not as bad since the leak was recent, but still... Could be the last chance before the holidays

#2 mike_jacko

mike_jacko

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE(US Nationalist @ Dec 22 2005, 05:39 AM) View Post

Hmm... Great. News leak on the 3rd shipment of the 360 on CNN... and I received reliable info from an employee that at least one of the local Best Buys around me is going to get a shipment in tomorrow. I'm thinking about camping it out tomorrow at another Best Buy that's closer(the one I called is an hour away)... I've learned from my mistake this weekend. If indeed they're going to receive a shipment tomorrow and sell Friday, I'm gonna make god damn sure I'm gettin one and camp out starting tomorrow morning... and keep in mind that this has been leaked on the news... Think this is a good idea? This might even turn out to be a repeat of this last weekend, probably not as bad since the leak was recent, but still... Could be the last chance before the holidays

hello and welcome to a few days ago pop.gif

#3 US Nationalist

US Nationalist

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE(mike_jacko @ Dec 21 2005, 10:44 PM) View Post

hello and welcome to a few days ago pop.gif

Yea, that's what I'm thinkin... I'm probably going to be camping out, I just want to know if any of y'all think it's a good idea and/or if any of y'all are doing the same thing

#4 Dominader786

Dominader786

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:01 AM

US Nationalist, im from arlington too, what time are u gonna head up there?

#5 tracemhunter

tracemhunter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:01 AM

which best buy? parks or six flags?

#6 Dominader786

Dominader786

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:05 AM

im gonna try parks first. Also, if you noticed they just opened one up in mansfield that no one really knows about, could be worth it to try there too.

#7 US Nationalist

US Nationalist

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE(Dominader786 @ Dec 21 2005, 11:08 PM) View Post

US Nationalist, im from arlington too, what time are u gonna head up there?

QUOTE(tracemhunter @ Dec 21 2005, 11:08 PM) View Post

which best buy? parks or six flags?

I'm headin up to the one at Lincoln Square as soon as they open, maybe a little later, and probably gonna bring a lawn chair with me for until friday, and some things to keep me occupied until then

Edited by US Nationalist, 22 December 2005 - 06:07 AM.

#8 US Nationalist

US Nationalist

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:17 AM

well guys, I'm gonna head off of here a little early(lol, 11:15pm=early) to rest up for tomorrow; I'm still debating on whether or not to stay there as soon as I get there when it opens, or go there a little later near midday and start waiting from there. I'll be waking up at 7:30 or so to look at the replies, and I'm gettin ready and headin off! Good luck to you all pop.gif

#9 Dominader786

Dominader786

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:19 AM

good luck, I'll give you an update if the mansfield or parks one has any in stock. I'll be up there at 8 in the morning to check it out.

#10 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:32 AM

Hope you guys didn't miss out already, the Best Buy here had theirs in this morning.

#11 DirtDigler

DirtDigler

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:09 AM

u guys are nucking futz. just wake up at 8am and surf the net until around 10am. wal-mart, circuit city, etc... they all in one way or another have them for sale. I got to work this week at 8am and basically checked the availability websites every 10 minutes and what do you know... this morning at like 9am i popped open CC dot com and the add to cart link was green! didn't even surf the avail. sites... just happen to be active on the net and I didn't have to wait in the cold for friggin 20 hrs.

#12 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:34 AM

i have a sister that works for BB in chicago and she says according to the computer her store is getting 36 tomorrow morning and that the truck usually arrives between 7am and noon but they arent putting them out till friday morning so im sure most all BB's will be getting some for friday morning sales

#13 phiquach

phiquach

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:18 PM

i've checked the systems and indeed best buy are going to get more shipments in tomorrow. but from their newsletter, they won't sell them until the next day. so if they received it on wednesday, sell on thurs, receive on thurs, sell on fri etc etc.

#14 US Nationalist

US Nationalist

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:35 PM

Alright, today's the day! I'm still gathering things up to take with me to Best Buy, so I'll be leavin here in a few minutes. Gonna make damn sure I get one this time happy.gif and if anyone else is doing the same, good luck! I may be posting back tomorrow with pictures

#15 Dominader786

Dominader786

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:57 PM

looks like my speculations were true about Mansfield Best Buy. I went to the one at the parks at 8 AM and they said they only got 2 and sold them out. I went to the one in Mansfield (the one no one knows about because it opened recently) and they still had 3 left at 8:45. They're sold out now prolly.

Edited by Dominader786, 22 December 2005 - 03:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users