6 replies to this topic

#1 bluesdrummer24

bluesdrummer24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:19 AM

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I have changed cable and televisions, and no change. I read a post before that stated there was a resistor on the motherboard that if loose could cause this, but i can not find the post. I have checked everything on the motherboard with a microscope and everything appears fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Ozito

Ozito

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:33 AM

have you ever seen color on that xbox?... what is it a PAL or NTSC? maybe you will need to run a videswitch on it... but for that you will need to modify it ... wink.gif

#3 bluesdrummer24

bluesdrummer24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:58 PM

The xbox operated fine prior to moving. It is NSTC standard output.

#4 BenZup

BenZup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:04 AM

I have a similar problem, also, but my XBOX is modded.

It's been exactly a year since I had this v1.6b XBOX, and I have added a Xecuter 2.6CE during the summer. Nothing was wrong with the XBOX nor the modchip, until now.

Today, I had been playing various games on it, and all of a sudden (a few minutes ago), my XBOX turns black & white, the screen is vertically scrolling very fast. I tried removing everything from the XBOX, put it back together, and it still does the black&white scrolling thing. I would like to remedy this situation before Christmas Day.

Can anyone help me?

#5 Soler

Soler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:01 AM

Had the same problem as xbmc somehow changed my video to PAL. Grab the enigma video switcher iso and burn it to cdrw. Boot up with it and follow the directions to change it to NTSC, Power off and on and you're good to go.

Hope that helps.

#6 AmIdYfReAk

AmIdYfReAk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:30 AM

i dont know if this is any diffrent or the same..

i am using the MAdcatz AV pack ( S-video, composite, cmponent, and optical outs )

and i am hooking up my b0x to a dell 2405FPW through component, and no matter what i do, its black and white video.. no matter if i set it to Pal, NTSC, enable HD, etc..

if i hook it up through S-video or composite i get color.. would the same fix be suggested?

i am running a 1.4 Green box, with a X3 with the 3294 bios.

actually, i tryed it.. and yea, no go..
Hummm.

Edited by AmIdYfReAk, 24 December 2005 - 03:00 AM.

#7 kidkinetix

kidkinetix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(AmIdYfReAk @ Dec 24 2005, 02:37 AM) View Post

i dont know if this is any diffrent or the same..

i am using the MAdcatz AV pack ( S-video, composite, cmponent, and optical outs )
and i am hooking up my b0x to a dell 2405FPW through component, and no matter what i do, its black and white video.. no matter if i set it to Pal, NTSC, enable HD, etc..

if i hook it up through S-video or composite i get color.. would the same fix be suggested?

i am running a 1.4 Green box, with a X3 with the 3294 bios.

actually, i tryed it.. and yea, no go..
Hummm.

Damn old dead topics sad.gif

Same issue, adn my xbox is randomly rebooting. Will have a look inside today and will change the bios incase it's currupt perhaps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users