Sucks to be the Seller Damn

#2 nick-a-boy

nick-a-boy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:51 AM

yea i saw that i was watching for one last night but they still are going to about 500 but they are GOING DOWN FINALLY

#3 []-[]ooDLu[]v[]

[]-[]ooDLu[]v[]

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:51 AM

and hes got the receipt too, so u kno he had to of paid 400 for it...man i wish i saw his face when the auction ended, tongue.gif ...good stuff

Edited by []-[]ooDLu[]v[], 23 December 2005 - 07:53 AM.

#4 OpticNurv

OpticNurv

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:53 AM

HAHAHAHAHA, that was almost as good as the one with the baseball game tickets, that oughtta teach that fuckin scalper tongue.gif

#5 bigblue2006

bigblue2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:55 AM

If I was the seller there is no way i would send it. I would just take the negative rep.
The sellers face when he saw that auction end mus have been like uhh.gif LOL

#6 thund3rcat

thund3rcat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:04 AM

That's what happens when you start the auction low with the same ending time as 10 other auction.

#7 FattyX

FattyX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:14 AM

that's why u put a reserve price, dumba$$

#8 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:17 AM

yea that sucks i dont think he will honor the price.

#9 tracemhunter

tracemhunter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:17 AM

i am supposed to be getting a 360 from gamestop that i reserved a while back. since the prices on ebay are down i will just probably just sell it to a lucky member of these forums at cost. im so close to getting my hdtv!

#10 vnutz

vnutz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE(tracemhunter @ Dec 23 2005, 02:24 AM) View Post

i am supposed to be getting a 360 from gamestop that i reserved a while back. since the prices on ebay are down i will just probably just sell it to a lucky member of these forums at cost. im so close to getting my hdtv!

why not just not buy it?

#11 photoposite

photoposite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:23 AM

man, I just sold mine for $710. The guy paid an extra 55 for overnight and is likely playing now. I bought two systems and stood in line at Walmart here in houston for 14 hours, thats right, from 10am till 12 midnight. The good news is I was second in line. The one I sold, my little bro actually got for me because I sat him ahead of me to be first in line. Lucky sucker. Anyway, when PS3 launches, I think it will get an extra one to sell online, with the rumors saying it will go for $400, I will likely get three. One for me and two to sell. Cmon if you guys had extras, wouldn't you get a few extra bucks or sell it a retail. If I knew you all needed one, I would have let it go for $500 plus shipping of course. My wife even asked me about selling to the guys on Xbox-Scene, but I assumed that you all had one. My friend has sold like four or five already. Here's hoping to a modchip soon for the 360.

#12 celwin

celwin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:47 PM

What a fool. That's what setting a reserved price prevents.

#13 nick9871

nick9871

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(photoposite @ Dec 23 2005, 01:30 AM) View Post

man, I just sold mine for $710. The guy paid an extra 55 for overnight and is likely playing now. I bought two systems and stood in line at Walmart here in houston for 14 hours, thats right, from 10am till 12 midnight. The good news is I was second in line. The one I sold, my little bro actually got for me because I sat him ahead of me to be first in line. Lucky sucker. Anyway, when PS3 launches, I think it will get an extra one to sell online, with the rumors saying it will go for $400, I will likely get three. One for me and two to sell. Cmon if you guys had extras, wouldn't you get a few extra bucks or sell it a retail. If I knew you all needed one, I would have let it go for $500 plus shipping of course. My wife even asked me about selling to the guys on Xbox-Scene, but I assumed that you all had one. My friend has sold like four or five already. Here's hoping to a modchip soon for the 360.

I dont like supporting supply/demand markets such as ebay. It drives prices up so people who want to get in the market cant. So I bought 3 and am giving the other 2 away as x-mas presents. I dont feel like I need to make a profit off of this.

#14 jfoster

jfoster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(nick9871 @ Dec 23 2005, 11:14 AM) View Post

I dont like supporting supply/demand markets such as ebay. It drives prices up so people who want to get in the market cant. So I bought 3 and am giving the other 2 away as x-mas presents. I dont feel like I need to make a profit off of this.

Wrong. It drives prices up so people who can afford one, CAN. supply/demand.. If you want it early, sometimes you have to pay.

#15 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(nick9871 @ Dec 23 2005, 11:14 AM) View Post

You have to then, be the best friend/father, brother, uncle in the history of the world. Giving two $400 presents, knowing damn well you could have sold each one for $650.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users