TedAppleberry

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 April 2003 - 05:44 PM

My motherboard is fried, can't be fixed, trust me.. rolleyes.gif I notice on ebay it's pretty easy to get an "unmarried" mobo for around $50-$60 - A married set-up cost 50% or more then that and are harder to come by. Since I have my original drive from my fried mobo and since I am going to go to a larger HD anyhow, does it really matter that I get the married drive? The one thing I want to be able to do is load the original dashboard so I can change sound settings and I am concerned I won't be able to do this withouth the original drive.
Thoughts?
Thanks!

#2 MacGuyver_3030

MacGuyver_3030

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 05:54 PM

if you want to backup your original settings, if you plan on never using live then its ok to get one of those unmarried ones and put in a new drive. but your xbox will never be stock again until we figure out how to unlock drives without the password. so in short its ok to get the unmarried one as long as you realize that you wont be using your stock locked harddrive.

#3 TedAppleberry

TedAppleberry

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 April 2003 - 06:08 PM

How about being able to pull up the original dashboard to tweak system settings? Can this be done without the original drive? I am not concerned about Live since this is my second box I do however want to be able to tweak system settings, advanced audio specifically and had problems with this on my old mod until I actually swapped out the big drive with the original and ran it from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users