7 replies to this topic

#1 Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 07:31 PM

Hi guys, i got a 1.2 XBox today with a Samsung drive. I have modded it successfully using an X2Lite and header pins. I used the bottom side D0. But there was one problem encountered. While opening the XBox up the screws on the underside presented a problem, the 4 corners and the one under the white label were fine, normal T20's. Then i came the one under the silver label. This was a different size, it was larger than T20. I did not have any other torx's heads so a used allen key that fit (3mm). This worked. I just thought i should post this incase anyone encounters something similar. The XBox is one that came with a Controller S, i think these packages are only just out in the UK, the manufacture dates on the XBox is 2003-01-23 so this is a pretty new XBox.

#2 viffer97

viffer97

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 07:39 PM

What do you do about the version jumper on the X2 lite. It's supposed to be on for version 1.0 and off for version 1.1, what way did you leave it? I was planning on modding my ver 1.2 tonight.

Edited by viffer97, 21 April 2003 - 07:40 PM.

#3 Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 08:16 PM

Well the chip was one that had been flashed with 4976.02

But i think if you put in 1.1 mode it will work fine.

#4 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 April 2003 - 08:22 PM

yes v1.1 bios's will work with v1.2

#5 PimpInDaHouse

PimpInDaHouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 02:14 AM

I have a v1.2 and the screw under the label is a T20. But the date is 2002 - 12 - 11.

#6 nachonut

nachonut

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:I install all mods for XBOX. You need it done, I can do it. PM me or email me nachonut@nyc.rr.com

Posted 22 April 2003 - 02:28 AM

Everything was the same for me except for one thing on the v1.2's I've done in my time. That was the label covering one of the screws. Not the date, but the large one.. Kinda made it like a good protection against the returns maybe. It pulled off like a checker board.. Like every other square would stay down and visa versa for the row under it.. kinda annoying if you ask me mad.gif

#7 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (nachonut @ Apr 22 2003, 03:28 AM)
Everything was the same for me except for one thing on the v1.2's I've done in my time. That was the label covering one of the screws. Not the date, but the large one.. Kinda made it like a good protection against the returns maybe. It pulled off like a checker board.. Like every other square would stay down and visa versa for the row under it.. kinda annoying if you ask me mad.gif

mmmm that would be called a warranty sticker

yes very annoying of MS to actually do that lol laugh.gif

#8 Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 08:16 AM

well i am just telling you that the screw that was under that silver sticker on my box was a different size...i was well confused for a minute. The T20 would just turn inside the head, even though the screw was in perfect condition. But anyway, i was simply giving you guys a heads up....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users