homerjs

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:19 AM

My neighbours xbox was softmodded and now freezes at the flubber... reading the forums here trying to help him I was wondering is there a hotswap download of a complete softmod... or is it even possible... What I mean is can you take a successful softmod and copy all of the files from the c: partition and just copy them on to a hotswap? I have a modchip in my xbox so I am of no use to him.... so is this possible and does it exist or is a bios flash necessary also? thanks

#2 ShadowElitePro

ShadowElitePro

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 <br />Football<br />Airsoft<br />Xbox 360
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:23 AM

If it freezes there it would likely be the bios.

#3 Vayate

Vayate

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:28 AM

...do you even know what a hotswap is?

Anyway, if it's a softmod and he has a corrupt BIOS/TSOP, he's probably screwed and needs to get a chip. Hotswapping wouldn't help in the least since the BIOS probably doesn't get around to unlocking the HDD in the first place.

#4 Epaige

Epaige

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:29 AM

Well you could hotswap his dhd into your xbox then use slayers and rebuild his drive...Im not sure but i think theres a tutorial on here somewhere...

Also you could try hotswapping with Xboxhdm and rebuilding his drive...If you dont allready have the stock C: files just get slayers 2.6 and extract them from there to use on xboxhdm disc..Goodluck

Edit: Check the links in my Sig...

Edited by Epaige, 26 December 2005 - 05:30 AM.

#5 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:30 AM

This may help reinstall the softmod or may not if thats what you are saying you want to do.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=443489

#6 homerjs

homerjs

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(Vayate @ Dec 26 2005, 05:35 AM) View Post

...do you even know what a hotswap is?

yeah I do , it's pluging in the HD to a pc while xbox is booted (so it unlocks the HD), called hot because the HD is powered on while doing it

yeah I guess I'm looking to reinstall the softmod, but perhpas I should just sendhim back to the guy who did it originally
big help guys, much appreciated

Edited by homerjs, 26 December 2005 - 12:26 PM.

#7 emulaterer101

emulaterer101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:43 PM

What is an Emulator? does it go in the xbox or the PC ?

#8 homerjs

homerjs

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(FSG @ Dec 26 2005, 05:37 AM) View Post

This may help reinstall the softmod or may not if thats what you are saying you want to do.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=443489

Tried this but when I type softmod it says it's unable to find xbox hd..... so can I assume the bios is screwed? or would an unloch hd utility work here before tryingthe softmod reinstall

thing is initially the xbox worked with a softmod for one game, then it crapped out and now freezes at the flubber

#9 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:13 PM

Did you have the power plugged in the hdd? When you turn on the comp can you here the hdd running? Is the IDE all the way in?

#10 homerjs

homerjs

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:29 PM

yay managed to reinstall soft mod using xboxhdm... only 1 problem now
after some help from people here I managed to reinstall the softmod using xboxhdm , yeah, however the evox installed will not play or launch dvd games..... I can launch xbmc and donglefree dvd player and even play a dvd... but when I try to launch a game from dvd it sort of fades out like it's going to launch but then fades back in and does nothing..... I ftp'd to the xbox with smartftp and looked at the evox.ini and directory structure.. looks ok... any ideas where or how to fix this? when I try to overwrite or rename a file ... like the evox.ini it wont let me using smart ftp... almost there gang please help me finish up, much appreciated
any thoughts? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users