• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:lsitening to frank zappa and messing with my xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:33 AM

hello,
i have soldered in a few chips and done a few tsops with no problem. so i figured it should be fairly easy to but led's in my power/eject button, controller ports and jewel. i bought a kit off ebay from ulti-mod which said it had everything i needed even complete instrcuctions. upon receiving the kit it looked easy enough so i began i got the power eject switched out and the controller ports all lit up. after having a friend cut a hole in my lid i glued in six of the eight led's provided but it said you could use how many ever you wanted. i then reassembled the xbox plugged it everything seemed fine all the lights were shining i was looking at my dashboard and then its power flickered and it rebboted. after it did this several times i turned it off. after sitting there a minytee it came back on and i had to pull the cord to keep it from continuing to do so. i then removed the lid with the led's and then the xbox seemed to be workin fine until about 30 minutes later when a jar in the foor caused the whole thing to start happening again. has anyone ese ever encountered this or know what i might have done wrong there are no shorts that i can tell and i've checked my soldering with a magniying glass. any help would be appreciated thanks.
wildo

#2 calluum

calluum

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(wildo @ Dec 27 2005, 01:40 AM) View Post

hello,
i have soldered in a few chips and done a few tsops with no problem. so i figured it should be fairly easy to but led's in my power/eject button, controller ports and jewel. i bought a kit off ebay from ulti-mod which said it had everything i needed even complete instrcuctions. upon receiving the kit it looked easy enough so i began i got the power eject switched out and the controller ports all lit up. after having a friend cut a hole in my lid i glued in six of the eight led's provided but it said you could use how many ever you wanted. i then reassembled the xbox plugged it everything seemed fine all the lights were shining i was looking at my dashboard and then its power flickered and it rebboted. after it did this several times i turned it off. after sitting there a minytee it came back on and i had to pull the cord to keep it from continuing to do so. i then removed the lid with the led's and then the xbox seemed to be workin fine until about 30 minutes later when a jar in the foor caused the whole thing to start happening again. has anyone ese ever encountered this or know what i might have done wrong there are no shorts that i can tell and i've checked my soldering with a magniying glass. any help would be appreciated thanks.
wildo

while im hesitant to help anyone who misspells the word "minute" as bad as you have (j/k) im gonna suggest checking the p/e leds and see if the solder points are touching the metal shield behind them. if they are touching it, there is a good chance its shorting.

#3 sting369

sting369

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(calluum @ Dec 26 2005, 05:47 PM) View Post

while im hesitant to help anyone who misspells the word "minute" as bad as you have (j/k) im gonna suggest checking the p/e leds and see if the solder points are touching the metal shield behind them. if they are touching it, there is a good chance its shorting.

"I Concure" lol inside joke involving catch me if you can. anyways yes when i did the p/e board something kept touching the sheild and shorting out, causing exactly what your are describing. the thing that kept me confused is that it NEVER happened when the lid was off but as soon as the lid went on it would have the problem. my fix, remove the sheild and cut the part out with a dremel that was shorting out, then tape the edges so it wouldnt cut wires. other possible fix electirical tape directly on the sheilding behind the p/e board, or check your soldering maybe you added a little to much somewhere.

#4 games1216

games1216

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:43 AM

Yes , It tends to do that when you do not tape your connections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users