fallchild1597

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:22 AM

Well i put a 300gb into my xbox modded with my X3, formatted it then locked it to my friends eeprom which i flashed to my xbox beforehand. Then i took out the 300gb put it in my friends xbox and it works like it should.. then i plug my HD back into the xbox and now the F drive doesnt show up but the free space is still taken.. dunno what the problem is >:0

#2 elborak

elborak

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:08 AM

What size is the drive and how is it partitioned? What your LBA48 setting? What chip & BIOS are you using?

Edited by elborak, 27 December 2005 - 10:09 AM.

#3 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:10 AM

put it this way... if u aint using xbox live ... dont bother locking the hard drive cause if that hard drive is locked and the xbox dies then your 300GB hard drive is basically junk.

also... with the 300GB hard drive... if your planning on using ALL space on F partition then u need to use a program called "XBpartitioner" ... so basically format the hard drive with xbpartitioner and your all ready to go wink.gif ... normally u dont need to use xbpartitioner but since your hard drive is that big im pretty sure u need to.

Edited by ThaCrip, 27 December 2005 - 10:11 AM.

#4 fallchild1597

fallchild1597

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:14 AM

its an x3 chip with the lastest bios.. the 300gb is my friends for his xbox.. so i flashed his eeprom to my xbox put the 300gb in and formatted setup the softmod then locked it.. so it would work in the xbox with no chip. Then i plugged in my HD (160gb) turned on my xbox and reflashed my eeprom which i saved to the x3 chip and then the F drive was empty but the space is still taken up

#5 elborak

elborak

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:46 PM

Again, how is it partitioned? What is your LBA48 setting?

And regarding ThaCrip's comments:
if that hard drive is locked and the xbox dies then your 300GB hard drive is basically junk.
That's only true if you are foolish enough to not backup your EEPROM.
with the 300GB hard drive... if your planning on using ALL space on F partition then u need to use a program called "XBpartitioner"
Not true. X3CL can partition and format it with all space on F. But don't do that! FATX starts to corrupt your partition once you get above about 250GB.

#6 fallchild1597

fallchild1597

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:57 AM

its not the 300gb hard drive. My friend bought an xbox and a 300gb hd asked me to mod it, so i flashed his eeprom to my xbox then i unplugged my 160gb hd i have in my xbox with x3 and plugged the 300gb in and formatted it using the x3 utilities then i softmodded the 300gb and locked the HD to that eeprom. Then took it out and put it in my friends and it works fine. Then i connect my 160gb back and the F drive is gone but the space is still being used.

#7 elborak

elborak

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:05 AM

I'll ask one last time, then I'm giving up...

How is it partitioned? What is your LBA48 setting?

#8 Manzzon

Manzzon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:52 AM

Thats not really true, depending on what has locked it you can unlock it with the master password "TEAMASSEMBLEY" in you pc. And if he has a chip that can backup the eeprom he maybe can be saved that way also.

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Dec 27 2005, 10:17 AM) View Post

put it this way... if u aint using xbox live ... dont bother locking the hard drive cause if that hard drive is locked and the xbox dies then your 300GB hard drive is basically junk.

also... with the 300GB hard drive... if your planning on using ALL space on F partition then u need to use a program called "XBpartitioner" ... so basically format the hard drive with xbpartitioner and your all ready to go wink.gif ... normally u dont need to use xbpartitioner but since your hard drive is that big im pretty sure u need to.

#9 onslaught_789

onslaught_789

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:pwning people at halo 2
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:12 AM

jesus christ How is it partitioned? What is your LBA48 setting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users