Photo

Any Way To Backup Games If Your Drive Won't...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Iktomi

Iktomi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:58 AM

Just curious, if there's any possible way to back up an xbox game without using the xbox drive to do so. The reason I ask, is because my Thomson drive is goin out -- which has actually sort of launched me into softmodding my xbox -- and I'd like to backup a couple of the games to my HDD that it refuses to read. But I unfortunately can't do that since hte drive wont read the game to begin with (doesn't recognize it). The games used to work (DoAXBV & Capcom Vs SNK 2 EO).

I've tried finding some other similar posts but have yet to come across one yet, but I'm sure this has had to be answered before. It reads the 'video' files/folder (the crap that tells you its an xbox game not for PC) on my PC's DVD drive, but I'd like to know how to make an ISO of the game that I can't see through windows.

I use both Windows XP & Ubuntu/Linux (haven't checked ubuntu yet to see if there's a way, that just dawned on me as I type this). So if there's some program I can grab I just need a shove in the right general direction and I should be set.

Thanks all, and sorry if this is in 20 billion places, I haven't been able to find a definitive answer yet. But my search words are never really spot on in circumstances similar to this.

Edited by Iktomi, 27 December 2005 - 11:02 AM.

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(Iktomi @ Dec 27 2005, 04:05 AM) View Post

Just curious, if there's any possible way to back up an xbox game without using the xbox drive to do so

nope.

#3 Iktomi

Iktomi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:11 PM

I was afraid that would be the answer. Thanks.

Time to hope it's just the laser and a pot adjustment or even just a cleaning will help then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users