375 replies to this topic

#136 vydex

vydex

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:24 AM

Yeah I would agree but could it not be the case that somewhere on the hd is left residule information regarding the said gamertag and then that information read by ms at some point via the live connection.
As we have no way of reading the 360 hard drive at this moment in time, I think that this could be probable but then again it is only an hypothosis!

Again its probably me being paranoid!!

#137 JoCamel

JoCamel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:53 PM

YouŽll probably know that already...
If you have a look at the file gamedb.ini in the folder de-de, youŽll see, why the demos arenŽt playable with german language active... just because they arenŽt listed in the gamedb.ini....

#138 Torx-T3D

Torx-T3D

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:11 PM

they're gonna have us just like the 360 logo.

RUNNING IN CIRCLES.

#139 nickman

nickman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:53 PM

Got to ask one thing. But isn't it possible to put a memory card in the demo booths. Wouldn't that also be shown on the gamercard if you put that card in your 360 when you get home ?
If so then MS cant trace wich have run the game at home or at the shop.

#140 swebarb

swebarb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:28 PM

hehe cool. biggrin.gif

#141 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:31 PM

next mod up, external hard drive switch.... ON for normal use, OFF for WMVHD use

#142 jippie

jippie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:05 PM

This flag everyone is talking about is it from the DVD?
Or is it just a downloaded media signed stuff, meaning is signed with a key that can be played on DVD-r

I know you can do this, MS told us all at the beginning that you can download stuff like the xbox emulator updates and burn it to DVD and play it.

jippie

#143 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:58 PM

Do Not post fake Boot disc NFO files either.
And Hack_Bird if you are having trouble understanding what was said by Leppper earlier you will be getting a reminder shortly if you keep up the sort of posts that were made invisible

Edited by Chancer, 28 December 2005 - 05:00 PM.

#144 wmadoss

wmadoss

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

Saw the earlier post was gpne so deleted my quote aswell..

Edited by wmadoss, 28 December 2005 - 05:03 PM.

#145 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

About the consipracy theories. If these demos were available on live marketplace (LIKE THEY SHOULD) most people would have no interest in this disc. The average joe just wants to play the demos, and the same goes for the full auto demo.

I think its almost sad enough to make me cry to think this time I thought we could get all these demos off live legally and not needing to pirate ANYTHING for my new 360 but MS sure is doing their best to make this happen with screwups and holding back the demos.

#146 BasicAir

BasicAir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Everything.
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:11 PM

"Chancer" I am just wondering why you claim it's 'Fake' -- What have you heard? I am curious because I want to know if it really is fake or not.

I just realized yet another 'new' Kiosk-related release has popped up today. Since someone earlier posted a release name for this original "PI" kiosk disc that this thread is mainly for, I think it's okay for me to post this:

Selfboot_Util_READNFO_XBOX360-L0sMaN0L0S

And the earlier release today:

XBOX.360.Boot.Disk.Edited.NTSC.READNFO-LiThIuM

Again, if this is against forum rules for any reason then this hasn't been made clear as people have been posting other release names in here before. So if it is not allowed, I am sorry. I understand now nfo information is not allowed as you deleted that so I won't post nfo information again. smile.gif

#147 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:12 PM

"Chancer" I am just wondering why you claim it's 'Fake'

Simple I have been closing/moving to garbage/ etc threads on the exact same thing for hours all full of users who have tried this.
The disc aint going to let you boot backups as per the dreamcast days. If you know different show me proof

#148 Zenofex

Zenofex

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 28 2005, 05:19 PM) View Post

Simple I have been closing/moving to garbage/ etc threads on the exact same thing for hours all full of users who have tried this.
The disc aint going to let you boot backups as per the dreamcast days. If you know different show me proof

i wonder what these forums would be like if the moderators didn't remove all the crappy threads, All i can say is ENOUGH WITH THE SPANISH APRIL FOOLS DAY, PLEASE STOP! , all these fake boot-disk posts are playing with my head. Eventually if something is released it could be deleted from the forums because of a few lame people posting fake .nfo threads. ARRGHHHHHHHH! muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif

#149 BasicAir

BasicAir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Everything.
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 28 2005, 05:19 PM) View Post

Nope.. I don't know anything about these new releases that claim to let you play backups, other than the nfo's and what they state.

I didn't know that there were other forum posts on them because I have just woken up and haven't checked out the other threads. Then again I would have figured that someone would have said something in this thread by now, too, so since there wasn't I figured it was still relatively 'new' news. I suppose I was wrong. smile.gif

So, with that said, these new releases are essentially junk then, eh? That sucks... Maybe they're meant for a different-region Xbox 360? i.e. NTSC-J or PAL?

#150 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:30 PM

All i can say is ENOUGH WITH THE SPANISH APRIL FOOLS DAY, PLEASE STOP! , all these fake boot-disk posts are playing with my head.

Excellently put.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users