fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:21 PM

Alright, so we all read the pretty poor reviews (well, i did at least).... but what i want to know is, from the people that do have this game, is it still worth it?

i've played every tiger game since 03 on the xbox and loved them all, and would love to have the newest iteration in high definition glory.... so, i repeat, Is it worth it?

#2 tommiwan

tommiwan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Halo, Bioshock, Crackdown
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:29 PM

you are talking about Tiger woods golf? Well if you have played every one since 03, then you have played this game. It's no different other than the graphics. Now, having said that, the graphics are very nice, but $50 for update graphics? I guess if you are really in to this line of games then yes, but I rented it from blockbuster and got my fill.

#3 mikebpi2

mikebpi2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:18 PM

If you have Xbox Live it is worth it - if you are good enough.

If you can regularly eagle every p5 and birdie every p3 and p4 you will have fun. Still need a bit of luck because this score won't win an online tournament.

#4 fastTOE

fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

ahhh, online tournaments, that does sound fun,..... i was good at the old games, but apparently this one has changed..... hmmm.... well, i think i'm gonna pick it up bc playing online sounds good (i didnt have xlive before) so thank you for the quick responses..... see you at pebble beach

#5 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:21 AM

Like the guy said about online, its insane, some people score like 40 on a par 72 course? Thats the part that pisses me off. Id take a miracle to win an online tourney. Id honestly have to say save your money. Although it is all we know and love about the Tiger (LIKE CRACK) Woods series with beautiful graphics!

#6 9t9

9t9

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:28 AM

Its a game i can play time after time so its a must for me smile.gif

Im annoyed at the button layout though . Having the spin/power boost button where it is is stupid in my opinion sad.gif

#7 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:39 AM

I hate the 360 version of tiger woods. I rather 06 for xbox. Even though the graphics look somewhat better, it still gets like lag when your in the middle of backswinging and such. Like it starts to skip a little. I never had that problem with the regular xbox one. I also cant stand the power button and why the hell they put it on the top left button. Its a pain in the ass to try and hit the ball towards the bottom also while trying to do power at the same time. I should have bought another game instead of wated my money on this.

#8 Schlitter

Schlitter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Golf, xbox, music, sports, etc

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:23 AM

If you're not sure, rent it from blockbuster or Hollywood Video. That way you know for sure if it's worth it, instead of wasting $60. I'm going to rent it this week to see if it is worth the money.

~Schlitter

#9 zendez33

zendez33

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:24 AM

Ive been playn woods since 03 as well (Still think woods 03 is the best IMO). I wouldnt expect too much from it though. But I think its worth buying , still alot of fun. Online play is pretty sweet too.

#10 Malenko

Malenko

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:38 AM

just like I said about Madden 06, Tiger 06 its better on the XBOX over the 360. Madden has no create a player and tiger has a crappy one. Yeah its much prettier but I cant seem to make a golfer that looks like me like I did on the XBOX. That and I hope you got about 4 hours to kill using your created golfer.... then you can actually use him on the PGA tour. Madden + Tiger = My 2 trade ins to get Dead or Alive 4 for free

#11 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:47 PM

06 on the 360 is way more difficult. The swing rythm changed a little, and it is a lot touchier. Not to mention the putting is more difficult, and the power boost is more difficult (button layout sucks). Add in the fact that the fade/draw is more difficult (again, why did they mess with the buttons!). The game is just plain difficult now. It took about 3 sittings for me to get the hang of it, and I am pretty damn good at the older Tiger games...

I like the game so far though, it is challenging me way more than the others did. wink.gif

#12 MikE42ZeRo

MikE42ZeRo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:58 PM

The putting on 06 for 360 makes my mind melt.....

Just when i think i got the hang of it, BAZAMO they hit me with a hole that imah have to crack out teh calculator to figure out the breaks and distance +1 for uphill - 1 WTF!!!!! i miss the old style of putting. Also i think the putting swing % thinger is dumb...i like it how it was in 05 full swing putting!.

but other then putting, i think the game looks sweet and is good ole drunk fun with friends

#13 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:09 PM

I wish you could toggle the putting grid on/off during gameplay, like in Links 2004. That would make a huge difference. As it is, I don't think you can do it (I can't find the setting). It's either off or on, before the game starts.

The other problem with the putting is that you can't see the damn hole 1/2 the time. It blends in to well. I miss tiger-vision too. It was nice to have for that one green you barely catch and need to sink a 25-footer with tons of break, etc.

I am sure there is a trick to the putting, just a matter of time before I figure it out. As it is, I have to use my real-life putting experience to figure it out lol...

As far as the swing, this game requires more of a stop at the top of the backswing. I play a smoother transition in the other games. On this game, you have to come to a complete stop (pause). It may be because of the swing-type I chose for my golfer though...

Another complaint, "gamebreaker". This does nothing for me other than cause me to screw my shot up because I am trying to hit turbo and gamebreaker at the same time I swing ohmy.gif) It has never actually done anything cool when I do the gamebreaker...

#14 Whyamiy

Whyamiy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

Hi,

I think it is a great game, even though there isn't as much in it as the old xbox version the graphics are awesome! biggrin.gif

The only thing that gets me is the power boost button which was mentioned earlier, also the text is SO hard to read!? Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me, it seems squashed up and blurry, although this maybe just because I don't have a hd cable connecting it to the tv yet. (I bought one off eBay earlier today) But I have been told that the hd cable doesnt make much difference to the quality of the games so it may just be normal?

#15 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

also the text is SO hard to read!? Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me, it seems squashed up and blurr

Yes. I put my TV on 1080i, I could barely read 1/2 the stuff. I decided to get it on 480p so that it would full the entire screen so I could read lol... (It didn't look different to me anyway, just went to letterbox).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users