deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:34 PM

You said I had no sources, but then I give them straight from the CEO's mouths, but you still want to argue. Pathetic..........

The quote is pointless because $ony originally planned to use the cell only. rotfl.gif Did you know that $ony started research and devlopment on the PS3 and Cell when the PS2 was launched? rolleyes.gif Meaning from 2000-2002 before they started working with Nvidia, yeah they planned for the Cell to do everything, so your statement about the Cell doing everything is pointless and very outdated. Come one, lets here more of your fanboy ramble......................

P.S. Thanks for the word twist, but I wasnt pointing out that it was a custom console GPU. Only pointing out the obvious that it would need to have completely different architecture than their PC GPU's, since its not just connected to an x86 CPU, but rather the Cell. That still doesnt mean it doesnt have the exact same graphics processing features as their PC GPU's.

I just thought of something. Isnt it funny how the ATI guy is calling the PS3 unrefined? You know, since I know he doesnt have a final devkit for the PS3. I love his logic there. Hmmm, until the devs got the final devkits for the 360 it was unrefined too. I know for a fact those 9800's or x800's/x850's were not like the final 360 hardware. rolleyes.gif That is the world famous excuse for the sloppy launch games for the 360. I hear it from my buddy Kage360 all the time. You know, " they were not working with final harware so it wasnt up to scratch" blah blah blah, etc etc etc.

Edited by deftonesmx17, 29 December 2005 - 07:58 PM.

#17 Avenger 2.0

Avenger 2.0

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:49 PM

I hope we'll get to see some real game graphics from the PS3 soon. Those from E3 where obvious fake...
Furthermore I think cell is going to be a pain in the ass to program for, and some Sony game requirements (1080p, etc...) are a bit ridiculous. If I was a game programmer, I wouldn't want to program for them...

Edited by Avenger 2.0, 29 December 2005 - 07:50 PM.

#18 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Dec 29 2005, 01:41 PM) View Post

You said I had no sources, but then I give them straight from the CEO's mouths, but you still want to argue. Pathetic..........

The quote is pointless because $ony originally planned to use the cell only. rotfl.gif Did you know that $ony started research and devlopment on the PS3 and Cell when the PS2 was launched? rolleyes.gif Meaning from 2000-2002 before they started working with Nvidia, yeah they planned for the Cell to do everything, so your statement about the Cell doing everything is pointless and very outdated. Come one, lets here more of your fanboy ramble......................

P.S. Thanks for the word twist, but I wasnt pointing out that it was a custom console GPU. Only pointing out the obvious that it would need to have completely different architecture than their PC GPU's, since its not just connected to an x86 CPU, but rather the Cell. That still doesnt mean it doesnt have the exact same graphics processing features as their PC GPU's.

i didnt ask for sources, Foe-hammer did. so you should think before you pass judgement on someone who doesnt agree with every one of your words.

i said the quote told little because of how vague it was. so im a fanboy because no specifics were given to how long the actual development has taken place?

i dont know what word twisting your talking about, your the confusing one here. now its not a "PC GPU" but also its not a "console GPU" and even though its totally custom it still has the same processing features as the PC GPU's. jester.gif all joking aside isnt your last paragraph exactly what we have been saying? like i said before, the core technology is the same they just slightly altered it to fit sony's needs in the ps3. just like Nvidia altered the Gforce 3 to fit MS's needs in the xbox. there have been detailed reports about the Xenos chip and its different technology and architecture, all that has been said about the RSX was its reference to being very similar to the 7800 line of cards.

#19 assmonkey

assmonkey

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:14 PM

What i like about MS is they give credit where credit is due

LOL,like Major nelson( i think) going to play mario kart with regie from nintendo at mc.
SOny are just a bunch of haters
well they acaully have something to hate now
cause there console is gonna suck ass and M$ got it to people 6 months to a year ealry

Edited by assmonkey, 29 December 2005 - 08:15 PM.

#20 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Dec 29 2005, 02:13 PM) View Post

i didnt ask for sources, Foe-hammer did. so you should think before you pass judgement on someone who doesnt agree with every one of your words.

I think you should learn how to read. Read my first line again, better yet I will post it again
You said I had no sources, but then I give them straight from the CEO's mouths

Thats right, I didnt say you asked, I told you that you said I had no sources. Saying that I can't provide one after quoting Foe-Hammer's question, is implying that I don't have one.
I think you should read things twice, comprehend them, and then try to be cocky...................

QUOTE(Kage360)
all joking aside isnt your last paragraph exactly what we have been saying?

You mean what I have been saying from the start? The GPU has the same technology as the PC GPU's, but is built to run in the PS3?
Remember you said I keep talking about "PC GPU's". I never said the PS3 wasnt just derived from Nvidia's PC GPU technology and altered/built to suit the needs for the PS3 and the Cell. You sure were acting like I was though........
QUOTE(deftonesmx17)
PC derived Nvidia GPU in the Xbox.
That quote is from my first post, or do you not know what derived means?
QUOTE(deftonesmx17)
Why was the xbox with its "PC GPU" so much more advanced graphically?

From my second post, did you not notice the quotation marks? Did you not understand what I was implying with them?

Edited by deftonesmx17, 29 December 2005 - 08:45 PM.

#21 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Dec 29 2005, 02:21 PM) View Post

I think you should learn how to read. Read my first line again, better yet I will post it again
You said I had no sources, but then I give them straight from the CEO's mouths

Thats right, I didnt say you asked, I told you that you said I had no sources. Saying that I can't provide one after quoting Foe-Hammer's question, is implying that I don't have one.
I think you should read things twice, comprehend them, and then try to be cocky...................
You mean what I have been saying from the start? The GPU has the same technology as the PC GPU's, but is built to run in the PS3?
Remember you said I keep talking about "PC GPU's". I never said the PS3 wasnt just derived from Nvidia's PC GPU technology and altered/built to suit the needs for the PS3 and the Cell. You sure were acting like I was though........
That quote is from my first post, or do you not know what derived means?

From my second post, did you not notice the quotation marks? Did you not understand what I was implying with them?

first off im never cocky smile.gif

second if we both agree that the xenos is entirely custom built from the core up and the RSX is just an altered 7800 then why are you arguing with whats been stated in the forum?

#22 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Dec 29 2005, 02:57 PM) View Post

first off im never cocky smile.gif

Right.............

second if we both agree that the xenos is entirely custom built from the core up and the RSX is just an altered 7800 then why are you arguing with whats been stated in the forum?

Do you even know what this began about, or are you just so stuck on the "Custom GPU/PC GPU" thing that you don't understand my first post in this thread?

Go read my last paragraph in post number 16, that sums up my problem with this article......but I will tell you th problem in one simple line.
You blindly believe everything some biased ATI guy says, yet talk shit about the $ony people who blindly believe everything that some biased Nvidia or $ony guy would say.

Edited by deftonesmx17, 29 December 2005 - 09:04 PM.

#23 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Dec 29 2005, 03:05 PM) View Post

Right.............

Do you even know what this began about, or are you just so stuck on the "Custom GPU/PC GPU" thing that you don't understand my first post in this thread?

Go read my last paragraph in post number 16, that sums up my problem with this article......but I will tell you th problem in one simple line.
You blindly believe everything some biased ATI guy says, yet talk shit about the $ony people who blindly believe everything that some biased Nvidia or $ony guy would say.

before you started in the topic all i said was that there were some valid points made regardless of who is sayng it. that and i was curious to what's M_hael's opinion on the topic because unlike us who like to speculate and discuss, he actually has the hardware in front of him. So whats so blind about what i said?

QUOTE(assmonkey @ Dec 29 2005, 02:21 PM) View Post

LOL,like Major nelson( i think) going to play mario kart with regie from nintendo at mc.
SOny are just a bunch of haters
well they acaully have something to hate now
cause there console is gonna suck ass and M$ got it to people 6 months to a year ealry

this ^ is blind, though its true that Sony likes to fling mud but that doesnt mean that their console will "suck ass"

Edited by KAGE360, 29 December 2005 - 09:08 PM.

#24 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Dec 29 2005, 03:16 PM) View Post

i was curious to what's M_hael's opinion on the topic because unlike us who like to speculate and discuss, he actually has the hardware in front of him. So whats so blind about what i said?

Listening to everything M_hael says is blind IMO. Remember he is registered to the Xbox site. I don't see him at the ps2/ps3 sites. He is only a man, which also has a console of preference, like you or I do. I didnt think anyone had final PS3 devkits either. That would also make an opinion worthless until they have both final devkits. Just because he is a devloper, that doesnt make him free from being biased like anyone else.

I think the exclusives on the PS2 were much better than the exclusives on the Xbox. Does that make it true? No, it only makes it my opinion. This opinion also leads me to prefer the PS2, even though I don't have one anymore, but my xbox is only a media center at this point anyways and my Gamecube just collects dust. Anyways, this leads to me being biased as I prefer one over the other. M_hael may prefer the way the coding for the 360 is over the PS3. Now he has an opinion about the 360. This opinion can lead to him being biased. Do you see where I am going with this?

Edited by deftonesmx17, 29 December 2005 - 10:01 PM.

#25 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Dec 29 2005, 04:05 PM) View Post

Listening to everything M_hael says is blind IMO. Remember he is registered to the Xbox site. I don't see him at the ps2/ps3 sites. He is only a man, which also has a console of preference, like you or I do. I didnt think anyone had final PS3 devkits either. That would also make an opinion worthless until they have both final devkits. Just because he is a devloper, that doesnt make him free from being biased like anyone else.

I think the exclusives on the PS2 were much better than the exclusives on the Xbox. Does that make it true? No, it only makes it my opinion. This opinion also leads me to prefer the PS2, even though I don't have one anymore, but my xbox is only a media center at this point anyways and my Gamecube just collects dust. Anyways, this leads to me being biased as I prefer one over the other. M_hael may prefer the way the coding for the 360 is over the PS3. Now he has an opinion about the 360. This opinion can lead to him being biased. Do you see where I am going with this?

i see your point and its a good one. but there must be many developers like M_hael then because his comments seem to go right along with a lot of the dev interviews i read

#26 GH0STce11

GH0STce11

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/xGH0STce11x.jpg[/img]
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Dec 27 2005, 09:18 PM) View Post

Well, ofcourse he is bias; he works for ATI. But that doesn't mean what he has to say has not credit, or is not true.

What i like about MS is they give credit where credit is due. They realize that the ps3 will be a good, powerful system. On the other hand, Sony does not give any credit to the 360, and only says negative things about it.

Right now Sony is mocking what the 360 currently has to offer in games, and saying how much better ps3 games will be. The sad thing is, for some reason the masses believe Sony's BS without any proof or screenshot in sight, and even when reality happens, and the ps3 games do not look any better then 360 games, these drones wont care, but be perfectly content with their over hyped ps3. blink.gif

Blind loyality.......

i totally agree, you make very good points!

and it isn't just this one guy from ATi making these statements, it's many developers, like the lead dev of ninja gaiden (sorry i don't even know how to spell his name) and many others, who acknowledge the power of the PS3, but say it isn't focused on gaming, just being powerful.

So people WILL see the diference between the Xbox 360 and PS3 once developers start utilizing all three cores at once, it will make for some truly amazing games!

Just remember that it takes time for diferences to arise and amazing things to be done, just look at Halo VS Halo 2, complete change in technology and graphic, yet they run on the same system...

#27 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:38 PM

Thanks for producing some refs, deftones; that sheds some more light on the argument.

I thought the 360 launch was also disappointing after playing pdz (although a good game, it was definently rushed with all sorts of unfinished stuff left in the game; screen tearing, poor environment vegetation adaptation, etc.), but once i played kameo and condemned, it changed my point of view. These two games are extremely good (polished and finished); particularly kameo---games that are not remotely possible on current consoles in low res, although possible on high-end pc's.

QUOTE(GH0STce11 @ Dec 29 2005, 03:30 PM) View Post

... just look at Halo VS Halo 2, complete change in technology and graphic, yet they run on the same system...

Well, that could be argued the other way. While halo 2's overall graphics were better then halo 1's, many other things were not (upclose textures were better, less texture pop-ins, better frame-rates, more field of vision).

They should have postponed halo2 for the 360; the xbox just could not handle it without issues.

#28 Jason9875

Jason9875

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(GH0STce11 @ Dec 29 2005, 03:30 PM) View Post

So people WILL see the diference between the Xbox 360 and PS3 once developers start utilizing all three cores at once, it will make for some truly amazing games!

Assuming of course that the SPE's in the cell prove to be worthless and impossible to code for, which isn't a small assumption.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users