• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Si1verShadow

Si1verShadow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:53 AM

I saw a tutorial for modding your XBOX to use digital coaxial cabling on it for surround sound, and then another person said you can just buy an AV pack and do the same thing. So I'm guessing you can use one of the XBOX's AV packs to get surround sound with a digital coaxial cable. I'm a bit skeptical about this though because I've read on many websites that the digital audio input on the XBOX AV pack is optical. I never found it to be specified if you can only use optical toslink cables with the av pack to get surround sound or you could use that or digital coaxial cabling. If you can't use digital coaxial cables on the av pack then how can I get surround sound with digital coaxial cabling? I don't have a optical toslink input/output on my home theatre reciever but I do have a 5.1 speaker system that is capable of dolby digital 5.1 surround sound and what not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to experience the full potential of the XBOX smile.gif

#2 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:31 PM

The person was probably saying you could modify the A/V pack to add coax. You are right, the A/V packs come with optical only.

#3 BiGx5MurF

BiGx5MurF

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:24 AM

Get This

http://www.partsexpr...roduct_ID=16151

it can convert optical to digital coax, and vice versa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users