TheHiddenHero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:05 AM

I hate how in Call of Duty 2 when the host quits it ends the match. Im rarely on the host's team for some reason and after we cream them they quit half the time and the game ends. Why didnt they employ something like the blue screen in Halo 2 where it switches hosts. Also I keep havning problems where i'll be playing with allot of people (full 8) and it will say "connection interupted" and show a immage of the ethernet cable being unplugged. Whats with that. I havnt had a problem like that with any other game on XBL. I think COD2 hates me. </end bitching>

#2 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:34 AM

They must have rushed through the online portion of this game so it would make it for a launch game. Thats the only reason I can think how they could screw up the online portion this much. Connection interupted is nothing but lag. Once you start getting lag. You might as well quit b/c it usually never fixes itself. I dont understand why they didnt do like halo and switch host when someone quits or find who is the best host first. The online needs a major upgrade b/c it is fun when it actually works but it screws up to much.

#3 TheHiddenHero

TheHiddenHero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:52 AM

beerchug.gif here's to hoping an update is on the way.

#4 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:25 PM

Infinity Ward had a posting (forget where) they arer issuing a patch for the PC version and the article then goes on to suggest they are not issuing any further support for the 360 version

If this is true this sucks, because half the time it is not even worth playing online and only 8 people (if u can even play with 8) is stupid

I just was playing PDZo oline with 28 people, 28 that ROCKS,, and COD2 lags with 4-6 come on

#5 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:41 PM

i thought it would be stupid with only a 8 player limit but the game is really addicting and fun as hell. i dont think the problems are as axagerated as some make it out to be. the online wasnt really optimized and worked on in depth because it was a launch title and they worked on the important part (single player). still with lack of options and players i find it a blast.

just last night i was playing a game where the people refused to even up the teams leaving me with just one team-mate and facing off 6 people. not only did we reach the 50 kills first but i had 28 kills alone (alot for me as i dont play DM style games much) but it was one of the most intense online experiences i have ever had. the online code is sloppy but the game is still fun, the problems arent as often for me atleast so its easy to enjoy. i feel your pain though there could have been much more done.

#6 nfs911

nfs911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, PC Games- Counter-Strike: Source
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:05 PM

The host in COD2 MP is choosen by the first person in the room, not the person with the best upload speed. IF they changed it to choose it by whoever has the best upload, lag would be extremely rare. I would say that all games start out with 8 players but around 2 minutes later its around 2v2 becayse of the lag.

#7 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics &amp; Animation

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:33 AM

For the best selling game on the 360, its pretty sad that the online portion isnt as polished as it should be, and that they arent doing much about it.

#8 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:31 AM

Omfg, every single game I try to join it says " Notice: Unable to join game session " You cant choose anything and i've been trying for the past 30 min. This is the worst multiplayer I have ever seen in my life. I have never had this much trouble with lag and lack of options with any other game out there even if they suck, the multiplayer is still better than this one.

#9 nectar12

nectar12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:43 AM

nobody is exaggerating anything. online play has been horrible since day 1 (but yeah it still can be lots o fun). nfs911 is right, if they would just let the hosts choose to host, lag wouldnt be an issue. if the game would work on kai or xbc it would rock cause its setup like it should be plus sys link supports 16 players.. but thats a problem that kai or xbc cant control.

#10 Snowboard8422

Snowboard8422

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:49 AM

You can go back and forth on whether people exagerate how bad it is. I think for the most part people do exagerate how bad it is but its really not that bad. It's fun as hell, and I only have to quit out of the match about 1/7 of the time. Sure it doesn't have many options and it can lag really badly but just enjoy the game for what it is. There will be better online multiplayer games.

#11 TheHiddenHero

TheHiddenHero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:56 AM

I swear at least half the time i end up having to quit because of horrible lag. It's to the point where I find myself looking like i'm doing a Michael Jackson dance.

#12 mitch2025

mitch2025

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:11 AM

i might sell this game after i compleat all the levels on singleplayer in vet. difficulty. the online sucks because it didnt take friends into consideration what so ever. the only way you can play with a friend is if one person joins a room and the other join by going to the friends list and choosing that friend and then clicking on "join game in progress" and about 75% of the time the room gets filled up and then if you do get in a room together it laggs half the time. sure its loads of fun when it works. also the singleplayer is only fun the first time through. its boring as hell the 2nd time. if i knew it didnt have any replay value i would have played the first time through on vet instead of hardened[/rant]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users