476 replies to this topic

#1 illicitx

illicitx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:44 AM

I am attempting to launch SWF files from the Kiosk disk, this was sparked by the news item on the main page saying that the attempt failed. After examining the SWF files closer I was able to see that the files on the demo disk use Zlib compression. At the moment I am getting everything ready to test out. I will continue exprimenting and report back once I have a bootable swf file.

#2 illicitx

illicitx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:55 AM

ok everyone it worked, I booted my own SWF file by replacing the main HexicDeluxe.swf with a Zlib signed replacement HexicDeluxe.swf with text. Im about to go try animations, Ill keep everyone updated.

only problem im having at the moment is I need to get the actual size of the original swf files because the scaling/centering isnt correct. Ill try to pull that out of the headers.

Edited by illicitx, 28 December 2005 - 07:59 AM.

#3 illicitx

illicitx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:14 AM

new swf info:

Width 1280
Height 720
FPS 60
SWF Version 6 (This launcher can also launch v7 swf's)

more as It comes...

animations are working, im going to test out the new settings and look for a better way to zlib compress. currently im using a demo of a flash optimizer that converts the file to black and white when you edit it which isnt too much fun

#4 enixn

enixn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:16 AM

hmm...wow cool, this is quite interesting, keep up the good work, i would do something but i dont have it hehe..

#5 genecyber

genecyber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:17 AM

How big is your iso? What have you ripped? And can you launch just the swf app from a cdr? I am thinking of maybe a few meg iso burnt to cdr to make testing quick?

Also Try the demo of Swishmax! It has some nice effects. It would be neat to make a cool scene intro using flash. Not exactly a hax0red 360 but technically it is unsigned code.

Edited by genecyber, 28 December 2005 - 08:19 AM.

#6 CancerBoy

CancerBoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:22 AM

Great work. Keep us updated biggrin.gif

#7 illicitx

illicitx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:24 AM

New update, exporting as flash 6 will automatically enable zlib compression. So far so good with this, Im going to try to make a smaller iso with just the Helix xex as a launcher, ill let everyone know how it goes.

#8 illicitx

illicitx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(genecyber @ Dec 28 2005, 08:24 AM) View Post

How big is your iso? What have you ripped? And can you launch just the swf app from a cdr? I am thinking of maybe a few meg iso burnt to cdr to make testing quick?

Also Try the demo of Swishmax! It has some nice effects. It would be neat to make a cool scene intro using flash. Not exactly a hax0red 360 but technically it is unsigned code.

my iso is standard size at the moment, i just have the other demos ripped, Im gonna experiment some more with making it just the helix demo

*edit* no luck with just hexic on the cd. Ill experiment more early tomorrow. gotta get some sleep. this has been fun. Use all my specs stated above and you can try this out for yourself.

Edited by illicitx, 28 December 2005 - 08:55 AM.

#9 Guerrilla

Guerrilla

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:30 AM

Im not really into flash, but isnt it possible to do more with flash then just animations? cant you make some kind of webbrowser with it? or maybe a flash based media player?

dont know if this is possible in any way but just wondering...

#10 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:04 AM

It's great news altogether, definitely a way to run some of the own homebrew games. There are so many great games available out there that could work with a simple few fixes.

Flash web browser is kind of pushing it, but flash does infact have access to the network, so some kind of things are possible here. There are already some messengers available, for example. It's pretty much a question of what ports are open from x360 and if you get your x360 to communicate with other computers trough that port.

I don't have access to the kiosk disk, but those who have may want to have their access to Live! firewalled shut - somehow I smell patch coming to disable all this fun pretty soon.

#11 conc3pt

conc3pt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:13 AM

have you tried embedding any video into your flash file? or launching files through flash? link a button to an xex file or something

#12 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:26 PM

just burning the contents of the hexic folder to CDR should work fine, it does here.
I had tried 2 flash files, one being alien hominid, the other being the "maze" sample from macromedia, both crashed my 360 completely.

#13 MetalMickey

MetalMickey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:41 PM

Er, isnt this the start of the 360 homebrew scene?

Whats to stop someone coding/building an XBMC type app in flash and launching it via this method? Flash already has all the media playback functions we need...

Edited by MetalMickey, 28 December 2005 - 01:42 PM.

#14 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(MetalMickey @ Dec 28 2005, 02:48 PM) View Post

Er, isnt this the start of the 360 homebrew scene?

Whats to stop someone coding/building an XBMC type app in flash and launching it via this method? Flash already has all the media playback functions we need...

Umm... no. Flash is very, very, very, very, very restricted. It's nothing like C++, or other coding languages, starting from the fact that it's in fact running within a player, much like a video file with some interactive features. You can't poke any of the hardware, do file listings, copy or change files. You most definitely couldn't code the codecs needed for XBMC -like behaviour with flash.

It's perfect for animation, simple games and utilities though.

The only way to poke in the system would be to find a vulnerability in the flash player itself. Which has been actually done before.

#15 MetalMickey

MetalMickey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:05 PM

Whens the last time you looked at flash? For example, It has MP3 playback built-in. It allows you load an MP3 file from disk an play it back. Same for video. It has networking built in. It has the ability to read/write to/from external files. It has endless user friendly GUI applications.

Unless you are talking about the particular flash player on the kiosk disk being a cut-down version...?

Edited by MetalMickey, 28 December 2005 - 02:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users