3 replies to this topic

#1 TowerDE

TowerDE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:11 AM

Hello All.

After extensive reading of the newb zones, tutorials, old posts, raves and rants I've come to the conclusion that no one post statisfied my curiosity. and those that almost did, were quickly dismissed by some oposing faction....
Hence this new thread (which, if misplaced should de moved by the moderating team at your discretion...).

I have a Xbox Cristal (PAL) with a SmartXX chip installed. No HDD or other mods. EvolutionX, XBMC, DVD2Xbox and other software was allready installed. I've only use the EvoX dashboard...
I recently bought a Sony Bravia KLV-S32A10 LCD TV which is, as most of you know, HD ready. I hooked up the Xbox using the Composite RBG cable that came bundled with the system and it works nice... but I'm going for HD here people!!!

So, I figured out (from all the searching) that the Advanced HD AV pack from M$ doesn't work that well with the PAL consoles. In fact, I couldn't find a sinlge topic that confirmed or dismissed this idea. And there is also of coursem the extensive debate (and subsequent flamewars) on what brand of component cables to buy... Monster fanboys beware :evil: ... but let's not get into that...

My question is this and I think it will be simple and direct.

The LCD and the Xbox are capable of handling both PAL and NTSC games
(I have a UK bought PAL Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and a US bought NTSC Madden 06 and both games work fine). If I buy something like this:

http://www.divineo.e.../div-es/xb-ccoa

Will I be able to play both NTSC and PAL games in HD on my shinny new LCD Flat panel!?!?

My collection has original and backup games... in both formats.

For UK users that answer this thread, links to on-line shops that sell cables like the one linked above, will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks for you patience.
TowerDE
Lisbon, Portugal

PS: If necessary I'll provide the Xbox Version, the SmartXX bios version and the complete list of the installed software...I can't remeber everything!!

#2 TheODog

TheODog

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Since this is an Xbox forum, I should Say Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:12 AM

Hey man i have a Sony Bravia too but 40" and it runs both pal and ntsc games 100% HD on my NTSC box using MADCATZ HD CABLES!! Sound is still Analog Stereo but cable was cheap.

ps. Do you find the startup anamation is all messed?

-oDog

#3 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:52 AM

Your Xbox must be running as NTSC (use enigmah video switch disc).
You will not see the HD options in the dashboard until you have done the above and plugged in an HD cable.
Most PAL games support HD resolutions, a few do not.

#4 TowerDE

TowerDE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:57 PM

I'm going to buy this cable from divineo... and I'll report back my "findings"

Thanks for the help, guys!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users