• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DodgeViper

DodgeViper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:43 PM

First I am a NEEEEEEEBIE, I have an Xbox that is version 1.6. I have installed Xenium SP-ICE mod chip. I have setup the TSOP, set the time and date, installed M8 v1.6 BIOS and have updated the HD to a 120 gig drive using Xenium transfer software to transfer all files from one drive to the larger drive, but I am not sure if all 120 gig is showing up. I have yet to install any Dashboards.

Now for the bad part, once booted into Xenium main menu I had a choice of Kernal A BIOS (original bios), Original BIOS that I named, and M8v16 BIOS. I tried all three BIOS with Kernal A and Original BIOS booting into the same BIOS. When I boot into M8 the screen pops up and says EVOX X and then continues to boot into MS Dash. Next I saw an option to remove BIOS and thought I would remove Kernal A as I had Original BIOS labeled. Being a NEWBIE I thought I was only going to remove Kernal A BIOS but what happen I removed the entire 5838 MS BIOS. When I go back to the screen to select which BIOS to boot into I have Original BIOS and M8 BIOS to choose from, but when I select Original BIOS the Xbox appears itís going to boot then pops up a green screen with a bunch of TEXT in some foreign language.

The Xbox will boot into the M8 BIOS AOK. So I went and downloaded the original BIOS with the hope of re-flashing the 5838 BIOS back. I have tried to re-flash the BIOS using 256K and 1024K and with either BIOS I get a message that says,

Error-File Doesnít Fit

My question is, can the original BIOS be re-flashed so I have two options of BIOS to use? Or is not even necessary to have the 5838 BIOS any longer? My next move is to install Evox Dashboard, XBMC Dashboard and DVD2Xbox. If the original BIOS can be re-flashed how can I complete this assignment?

Edited by DodgeViper, 28 December 2005 - 12:50 PM.

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:19 PM

Is this retail BIOS on the chip, or have you wiped your TSOP?

#3 DodgeViper

DodgeViper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:38 PM

I assume its TSOP. I have not removed the mod chip to see it would boot as the stock Xbox.

Edited by DodgeViper, 28 December 2005 - 03:38 PM.

#4 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:40 PM

Did you solder the write enable points on the TSOP? That's the only way you can alter it. Try taking the chip out.

#5 DodgeViper

DodgeViper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:55 PM

What I removed is the RETAIL KERNEL. As I said I am a newbie. I thought TSOP was the BIOS. Anyway to correct this problem?

#6 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:53 PM

The TSOP is the chip that hold the retail BIOS. Nevermind, you have a 1.6, so you don't have a TSOP to fuck with, as it's integrated into the MCPX. All you've done is erased a retail BIOS from the chip from the sounds of things. Take it out and test it.

#7 DodgeViper

DodgeViper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

So you are saying to remove the modchip and see if the Xbox boots up in its stock configuration? If I understand you correctly I have removed the ability to boot the Xbox into the stock configuration with the mod chip installed, the only way to repair the Retail Kernel is I would have to send the modchip back to get re-flashed, correct?

#8 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:25 PM

You could re-flash it yourself, or just turn it on with the chip off. But yes, try it without the chip.

#9 DodgeViper

DodgeViper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 03:15 AM

Was able to run the default settings and restore the retail kernel...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users