#1 pine16@hotmail.com

pine16@hotmail.com

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:29 PM

hey guys.. its me again.. its been about 6 months. and iv had that xchip working but its really weird.. it works somedays and somedays for the life of me it wont.. now its finaly come to the point where it does not work at all.. easybuy.. u guys are really easy to buy from.. but you support is really childish.. so am i to just bite the bullet and loose my money or will you guys replace my chip or whatever? iv tried calling sevral times and yet still have not gotten an answere.. please .. u guys where NOT hesitant to take my money but you are hesitant help me..

#2 Modiller

Modiller

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:42 PM

its been about 6 months

other then SmartXXs (which have a 1 year warranty) all modchips are often 7-30 day warranty depending on the modshop and there terms.

#3 pine16@hotmail.com

pine16@hotmail.com

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:45 PM

so i guess.. i really shoulda brought it back when i first started to notice it acting up ehh?

#4 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:35 AM

what exactly is the problem?

#5 pine16@hotmail.com

pine16@hotmail.com

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

well.. its very weird.. ever since i got it, its been acting funny. what i mean buy funny is that. when id hook it up to to usb cable it would somtimes not even read the chip as if it wasnt even there. but then the next day id wake up try it again and it would work.. or lets say i have in the xbox id be playing doing whatever i like. then ill shut off the xbox walk away come back and and turn it on it the it would load the normal bios.. as if the chip wasnt even in there.. its not a solerlss adap. i paid to get it done, and the perosn that did it is from these forums and told that it may just stop. but i didnt really have the time to bring it back i just firgured it would maybe just stop one day.. but.. i really screwded that up. cuz now it does not respond to me at all. i cant read it. i cant use it.. nothing.. my friend bought an xchip.. i bought two when i got them and gave him one.. and he has had no problems with it.. so im guessing maybe i just had a defective chip? is that possible.. and if it is.. im still not coverd for it right cuz its been over 6 months?
please any info you guys give me can really help me out...

im just saying from what i know. id say the chip is defective correct? i maybe wrong thats why im here asking you guys so please dont keep any info from me if possible.. thank you for your time

Edited by pine16@hotmail.com, 29 December 2005 - 03:05 PM.

#6 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:18 AM

its propably just a do wire or your chip has come unseated. have you taken your box apart to see what could be the damage? It is usually something simple. But if the guy who installed it told you in the beginning it could just stop working he was either covering his ass or he made a mistake installing your chip. Ex. striped a hole where a screw would go, but you said it wasn't sauderless. You should really take your box apart and leave the top of the box off and tell us if the lights are on the chip, check your wires to see if the sauder is in tact. take some pictures. We can only help people who help themselves. Don't rush to say its a messed up chip, your chip could be fine. It could have been the install that is bad. What bios are you using? All info will be needed to make a proper judgement of your box's problems

#7 tx81

tx81

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:30 AM

i dunno what it could be maybe the d0 wire .... i'v had mine for like a year or so and i'v never had problems only like sometimes it doesn't load but it's like 3 times in the past year ... i just give it a little bump on the side and it'll fix the problem ....

#8 pine16@hotmail.com

pine16@hotmail.com

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:24 AM

dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif
k. well im back... lets just say... in my books.. xchip = CRAP
i hooked it up to my buddys xbox (who i bought hte ohter chip for) it it did not work
i tryed to hook it up to the usb and it wouldnt read or even respond. so it blown. after that i took a hammer to the xchip. and tryed it again..lol just kidding (about the trying again part) the hammer part is real..
so i got my buddy to flast my tsop with m8 i beleve and iv had NOT one problem since hes done it.. also it seems to react faster. like when i goto access a file or a game ect.

and well thats that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users