• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 h@Ck3R

h@Ck3R

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:36 PM

hi, im trying to put my xbox in a pc case. here is a diagram of what it looks like so far.
IPB Image
Now, in the area colored by purple is where i want my power supply to go but the cord doen't reach that far, is there a way i can extend it? if so plz tell me. my power supply's mobo cord looks different, here's a sketch (dont have dig. camera)
IPB Image
ok is there an extension cord for this plug or do i have to cut the wire and add longer ones and tape it back up (wut kind of wires inside??). also, see where the dvd drive yellow cord is at? see where my dvd drive is? is there a way i can extend that too? ty

#2 games1216

games1216

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:52 PM

Without a digital camera , There is no way I can understand this.

#3 sting369

sting369

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(h@Ck3R @ Dec 28 2005, 10:43 AM) View Post

IPB Image
Now, in the area colored by purple is where i want my power supply to go but the cord doen't reach that far, is there a way i can extend it? if so plz tell me. my power supply's mobo cord looks different, here's a sketch

yes you can extend the wires, cut one at a time and solder longer ones between them. and i think the wire the you want to use would be 26 awg, 30 is really small, and anything bigger then 26 is well big. to extend the power from the power supply buy an extender, its safer that way, im looking for one right now i just cant remeber the website off hand so it may take a little while for me to give it to you.

so from what i am understanding your going to have HUGE power supply in this thing? one that would be bigger then the mobo, and 3 drive bays? and how are you going to have port 2 twice? j/k man just givin you a hard time on the port one jester.gif

edit: tribemods its not quite the same thing but before you go starting a new thread asking about a computer psu, that will do it. im having a hard time tracking down just the extension cable for the psu.

Edited by sting369, 28 December 2005 - 11:14 PM.

#4 modthebox.tk

modthebox.tk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:checking out hacks hardware mods. I make customs out of anything
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:07 PM

I tryed to do this once..

it turned out looking like crap..

if you really really want to do this go ahead. I'll be backing you up 100%.

#5 h@Ck3R

h@Ck3R

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:43 PM

ty so much for your help. so would i be able to get the 26 awg from a place like radio shack? i hate shopping online. also, i have a soldering tool but i think its too big, will that matter with soldering the wires? thnx for yallz help

#6 sting369

sting369

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE(h@Ck3R @ Dec 28 2005, 02:50 PM) View Post

ty so much for your help. so would i be able to get the 26 awg from a place like radio shack? i hate shopping online. also, i have a soldering tool but i think its too big, will that matter with soldering the wires? thnx for yallz help

yes radio shaft should have 26 awg, dont expect it to be cheap from them though. as far as your iron goes, for wires it doesnt matter that much, componets yes it does. for leds and anything on circuit boards anything more then 20 watts or so and you risk frying the parts and board. i use a 15 watt myself. for small parts the smaller the tip and thinner solder the better you are, took me a while before i realised that my huge solder was running everywhere cause of the size, now im on .015 dia i think

#7 h@Ck3R

h@Ck3R

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:33 AM

ok, for people who couldnt understand my first post, here is diff. pics.

IPB Image
IPB Image

now, ill look at that one site for power connector extension but i still need to do something about that freakin dvd drive yellow cord. wut is it? is it power? how am i going to extend that?

#8 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:22 AM

To extend it you simply cut the wires in half, then solder more wire in the middle so that it is long enough. The yellow wire is a power/eject/status type thing.

#9 RvN

RvN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:11 AM

Or if you're adventurous, you could get an atx power supply and an apache converter, and you wouldn't have to really worry about extending the cables.

#10 haloloser

haloloser

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:55 PM

apaches are a great way to go, but the problem is, as with all other xbox mods, the infamous version 1.6 is not compatable. cut, extend, solder, heatshrink, no problem. doesnt actually matter much what wattage your running on your soldering iron while puttling wires together, but if you are going to solder cercuit board you want one around 15-20 watts. good luck.

-haloloser-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users