• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 snowslug

snowslug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

i think i totally screwed up my xbox. i was trying to copy a gasme to the hardrive but it didnt have room, so I moved all of my gamesaves and such to c drive. When doing this i must have moved my dashboard boot because when i try to get to my dash it says my xbox requires service. So the problem is i cant even move them back because i cant get to the dash to do that. Then i tried connecting my xbox to my pc so i could move the files back from there but that wont connect. What should i do?

#2 The Third Man

The Third Man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

have you tried booting to a boot disc like slayers?

#3 snowslug

snowslug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:57 PM

HOw would i get a boot disc? Burn it to a blank dvd from the net? If so what what kind of program would i look for?

#4 snowslug

snowslug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:14 PM

i forgot to add that im running unleashx if that makes a difference

#5 The Third Man

The Third Man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:25 PM

I should have asked this in my first post: What kind of mod? chip or softmod?

anyway, you can get slayers from the ususal places (xbins). Burn the ISO onto to a DVD (or a CD-R might work if the ISO is not too large and your drive can read CD-Rs), and try to boot to the disk. It might work. It depends on the error. If it doesn't work, it might be because your Xbox can't read that media, so that's another thing to keep in mind.

if it does work, you'll have a few options. you can install evox, etc.

#6 dumdasme

dumdasme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:26 PM

I'm assuming it is softmodded, not chipped? If you used a gamesave exploit to softmod then (if you can but probably not, since you moved your gamesaves) load up the game and get into the installer menu. from there you can ftp. If not, use your eeprom backup and fix it using xboxhdm.

#7 snowslug

snowslug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:35 AM

ive tried runnig slayers off a disc but ut ges to the same screen. I used a cd-rw with the autoinstaller on it. If you have any more help for me please let me know. and yes i am using a softmoddded xbox. help would be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users