• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Airhead315

Airhead315

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:58 AM

I have really enjoyed playing PG3 and COD2 on my Xbox360 but lost complete xbox360 appetite when I put Need For Speed Most Wanted in and it was VERY VERY choppy. When we first put it in we had it on splitscreen and you could hardly even play it was so choppy(basically it was like someone was hitting pause/play over and over...) So I thought maybe they just messed up multiplayer and I tried single player, while it wasnt as bad it was still very choppy. Is there any reason this should be happening? Ive seen alot of great reviews for this game so I cant see how everyone could be experiencing this. BTW if it matters I was playing on a Sanyo HD Projector with a 720p native resolution, the switch was set to HDTV(on the AV cables) and the console was set to output at 720p. It was the third game we played and it may have been being used for a while before I got to it. Could this be one of the overheating issues? I havnt put the game in since.

#2 Gbeav

Gbeav

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:02 AM

Must be a bad copy, nobody else has said this at all.

#3 Airhead315

Airhead315

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:06 AM

Also, about how long should it take for a map to load in PGR3? It seems to take a signifigant amount of time, exceeding the average load time for something on the PS2 which was one of the features of the PS2 that led me into the MS realm

#4 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:49 AM

mayb ur 360 is faulty?

#5 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:14 AM

I've done beat nfsmw and never had no choppyness like your describing. I dont think I have had any real choppness at all.

#6 yelmurc

yelmurc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

I also have this problem with NFSMW. It is not horrible or anything like that but it seems like it drops a frame or two every so often. I have not noticed this in any of my other games (Kameo, PGR 3, Quake 4, PDZ, Condemned, or Ridge Racer) I thought maybe it was because my TV was set at 1080i. But I do not think my 360 is broken.

#7 dabigdilla

dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:06 PM

ya know, i was seein the same thing when i tried the demo of that. thought it might be a framerate issue, but to me it really looked like its sposed to be that way. i think its the bumpiness of the road and makes the car hop, or something. either way, it seemed unplayable to me, and i was surprised it got such good reviews.

on the other hand, i was finishing PDZ last night, and wow, the framerate in that game goes horribly wrong in the last levels. geez....it was pretty dam bad.

#8 MicroMods

MicroMods

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:16 PM

This happened with my friends 360, though not to the extent you describe. It is very noticeable though. He would drift into a turn and you could see the screen tear and lag.

Just a bad port I think.

#9 thebroken

thebroken

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

bad port indeed mine is the same way going back to EB Games

#10 Airhead315

Airhead315

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(MicroMods @ Dec 29 2005, 11:23 AM) View Post

This happened with my friends 360, though not to the extent you describe. It is very noticeable though. He would drift into a turn and you could see the screen tear and lag.

Just a bad port I think.

It doesnt seem to make sense that it would be a bad port(if by port you mean the adaption of this game to be used on the 360). Since noone else is experiencing this issue to the extent which I am im starting to think I may just have a bad copy of the game. Ill take it back to Sams Club and exchange it for the same game and see if it solves the problem. It is not just one of two frames it is extremely choppy and is in addition to the design of the game with the car hitting bumps and such. I have this game on PC and it is a very fun game so I would hope its just a bad copy.

#11 smartygre1

smartygre1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:31 PM

I have the game and have had no problems.

BTW, why would one game make you lose your 360 appetite?

#12 Airhead315

Airhead315

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(smartygre1 @ Dec 29 2005, 11:38 AM) View Post

I have the game and have had no problems.

Well, When you spend $480 on a system+controller and then tack on another $60 for the game and the game jumps all over the screen as if I was playing on a 400mhz E-machine it makes me feel like I wasted my money.(at least(unarguably) $60)

#13 zerosignal0

zerosignal0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

Well sucks to be you because that game runs brilliantly on mine... I really do think you have a bum system or that its overheating... You know about elevating the power supply and all the junk right?

#14 mike315

mike315

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(smartygre1 @ Dec 29 2005, 05:38 PM) View Post

Im gonna take a wild guess and say he's perturbed that he paid 300-400bux for a game system and another 60bux for a game, and it doesnt work as he intended.

Just a hunch though. biggrin.gif

#15 fingolfin269

fingolfin269

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(zerosignal0 @ Dec 29 2005, 10:45 AM) View Post

You know about elevating the power supply and all the junk right?

This is why the Xbox 360 is going to have problems once we start seeing an abundance of supply. Your average person is not going to ever consider doing this and is going to attribute the problem to the system and not ever consider a 'trick' to get their console to work properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users