6 replies to this topic

#1 absvicandmark

absvicandmark

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:19 PM

I use avalaunch. I have a sub menu with games in there. I use px hd loader or something which puts my games onto HD. However the HD is getting a bit full so I would like to backup and delete some of the older games. However, when I go to ftp on my pc the games are numbered as PXGame** * being a number from 01 to 40. How do I know what game is which?
Also, I have a few games that when transferred to HD using px hd loader, that when I go to the games menu they are named wrong (IE, NFS ?????????????????? or PXGame21 or aomething). How do I rename these?
One last question??? (sorry)
If I want to backup the older games, when I find out which one, is it just a case of copying all the files of the folder (ie, PxGame01) to a dvd or cd? Will these games then play on my xbox by putting the dvd/cd in the drive or do I have to boot another way as at the mo it boots into my smartxx chip menu, I select the evoxm7 bios and then it loads avalaunch.

Cheers

#2 AstroSaberIII

AstroSaberIII

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:05 AM

I am having the same problem with Avalaunch and renaming NFS Most Wanted. If I do NOT rename it, it plays off the HD just fine loading from Avalaunch dashboard. If I rename it, it will not play with Avalaunch. However, if I rename it in Avalaunch (won't play now), it will still load and play if it is launched with Px HDD loader.

I have renamed other games in Avalaunch like the latest SSX on Tour game, and it played fine. What is the problem with NFS most wanted and Avalaunch???? I do not know.

To remane games in Avalaunch, scroll to the game you want to rename, press the START button. You will come up with a few options:
Launch XBE
Edit XBE title.....
Download save game...
Delete Tdata entry..
Properties...
(to exit this menu, press the "back button"

To find out what game is in what folder (numbered 1 to 40 for example), scroll down to "properties, press A button", and that will show you what folder each game is in. That took me a while to figure out.......

I have used C-Xbox Tool 2 to rename NFS Most wanted .XBE, and uploaded the newly renamed NFS default.XBE, and still a NO GO in Avalaunch, but still loads in PX HDD Loader.

I used C-Xbox Tool 2 to open the ISO, and renamed the NFS .XBE title, and burned the DVD again, still Avalaunch will not load the game - even though it shows the proper name in Avalaunch now. This renamed ISO plays just fine in Px HDD loader.

I like Avalaunch, but if new games are not working properly, I will just switch back to Evox.

Your other question about takeing games off the HD and buning them to disc to play from disc, I am not 100% certain on this, so I'll let some other peeps chime in here.........

Happy New Year guys!!!!

XTS3000 - AstroSaberIII

#3 absvicandmark

absvicandmark

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:15 PM

Many Thanks.

#4 irishwhip

irishwhip

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:unhealthy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:33 PM

i renamed my nfsmw xbe with xbe renamer (you know where to find it)
and it runs fine from avalaunch. to take a game off the hd and on to dvd:
i'd recommend quix. find out what folder the game is in as described in the last post, then
load quix on your pc. set up the connection between quix and your xbox, then choose create iso, ftp folder, and choose the folder of the game you want. then quix will create the iso for you, which you can then burn to dvd with your regular burning program.

#5 buttis

buttis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:36 PM

I am having the same problem with Avalaunch and renaming NFS Most Wanted. If I do NOT rename it, it plays off the HD just fine loading from Avalaunch dashboard. If I rename it, it will not play with Avalaunch. However, if I rename it in Avalaunch (won't play now), it will still load and play if it is launched with Px HDD loader.

I have renamed other games in Avalaunch like the latest SSX on Tour game, and it played fine. What is the problem with NFS most wanted and Avalaunch???? I do not know.

To remane games in Avalaunch, scroll to the game you want to rename, press the START button. You will come up with a few options:
Launch XBE
Edit XBE title.....
Download save game...
Delete Tdata entry..
Properties...
(to exit this menu, press the "back button"

To find out what game is in what folder (numbered 1 to 40 for example), scroll down to "properties, press A button", and that will show you what folder each game is in. That took me a while to figure out.......

I have used C-Xbox Tool 2 to rename NFS Most wanted .XBE, and uploaded the newly renamed NFS default.XBE, and still a NO GO in Avalaunch, but still loads in PX HDD Loader.

I used C-Xbox Tool 2 to open the ISO, and renamed the NFS .XBE title, and burned the DVD again, still Avalaunch will not load the game - even though it shows the proper name in Avalaunch now. This renamed ISO plays just fine in Px HDD loader.

I like Avalaunch, but if new games are not working properly, I will just switch back to Evox.

Your other question about takeing games off the HD and buning them to disc to play from disc, I am not 100% certain on this, so I'll let some other peeps chime in here.........

Happy New Year guys!!!!

XTS3000 - AstroSaberIII

try to delete the NFS most wanted save with "delete Tdata entry" or from msdashboard.. maybe that giving you a hard time..??

#6 Wikkid1

Wikkid1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE(absvicandmark @ Dec 29 2005, 12:26 PM) View Post
Also, I have a few games that when transferred to HD using px hd loader, that when I go to the games menu they are named wrong (IE, NFS ?????????????????? or PXGame21 or aomething). How do I rename these?

I had the same problem with NFS most wanted. It was showing up in Avalaunch at the top of the games menu labeled ??????????????????????????????. I used dvd2xbox to copy to the hard drive. I don't know why it did this but here is what I did to change the name.

Load up Avalaunch, go to games, highlight NFS, hit the start button on the controller, select Edit XBE title, highlight the delete key on the onscreen keyboard and start hitting the "A" button on the controller and keep hitting it until you see the cursor come back on the screen. There are a bunch of ????? behind the title. When you have all of them removed hit the Y button to save the changes. This will take you back to the games menu and it will be named correctly but still at the top of the menu. Restart Avalaunch and it will be in the right place (alphabetically) in the games menu.

#7 ifqq650

ifqq650

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:22 AM

Thanks man that fixed my problem

QUOTE(Wikkid1 @ Mar 5 2006, 05:15 AM) View Post

I had the same problem with NFS most wanted. It was showing up in Avalaunch at the top of the games menu labeled ??????????????????????????????. I used dvd2xbox to copy to the hard drive. I don't know why

it did this but here is what I did to change the name.

Load up Avalaunch, go to games, highlight NFS, hit the start button on the controller, select Edit XBE title, highlight the delete key on the onscreen keyboard and start hitting the "A" button on the controller and keep hitting it until you see the cursor come back on the screen. There are a bunch of ????? behind the title. When you have all of them removed hit the Y button to save the changes. This will take you back to the games menu and it will be named correctly but still at the top of the menu. Restart Avalaunch and it will be in the right place (alphabetically) in the games menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users