tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

So i still needed the 3/4 propaganda reports and the chief investigator award so i went back and played the first level and after getting the 6 birds on that stage it gave me the gold bird award(i already had the silver for that level) but after getting both 3 and 4 propaganda reports it failed to award me with the chief investigator award! WTF is going on with this crap! uhh.gif

#32 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:10 PM

The Chief Investigator Award is unlocked by finding all the evidence in the game. The propaganda reports are unlocked by getting metal pieces. They're not connected. I think getting "all the evidence" includes using that stupid smell detector for the birds.

Edited by metaldevil, 28 January 2006 - 11:12 PM.

#33 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 28 2006, 11:17 PM) View Post

The Chief Investigator Award is unlocked by finding all the evidence in the game. The propaganda reports are unlocked by getting metal pieces. They're not connected. I think getting "all the evidence" includes using that stupid smell detector for the birds.

Thats wierd, i thought you had to do all the evidence stuff. I didnt see any part in the game where you could skip it plus ive been through the game twice. Oh well, kinda sucks though. grr.gif

#34 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:48 AM

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled either about going through the entire game again to get my remaining three achievements. I wish you could, at the very least, skip the cut-scenes once you've seen them. I'll probably trade it in for some store credit somewhere. I really have no desire to play this game again.

Edited by metaldevil, 29 January 2006 - 12:50 AM.

#35 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:11 AM

Yeah i was content with "Gold Melee Master Award" being the only one i didnt have but seems like for some reason im gonna have to let the "Chief Investigator award" go undone too. Although it is a great game and one of my favorite launch titles, twice through is enough for me!

#36 thirdeye555

thirdeye555

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:14 AM

yeah im having a similar problem with the achievements. i made sure i got all the birds and metals in each level. i have all the level acheivements for them. but then when i completed the game i didnt get the gold bird achievement or the 4th propaganda report. so i went back and replayed the first level and got all metal and birds (again) and for some reason it gave me the 4th propaganda acheivement at the end of the level but still not the golden bird acheivement. its kinda frustrating, but yeah not worth playing all the way through again.

#37 KMFDM

KMFDM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:18 AM

wasnt worth while playing after the 4th or 5th stage. sleeping.gif

#38 e[X]odus

e[X]odus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

Hi,

I have the silver bird achievement for every level, but still don't have the Gold Bird achievement...

After collecting all of the birds in a level, do I actually have to finish the level too? After completing the game twice through, I started playing just looking for birds, and after finding all 6 in a level and having the "achievement unlocked" notification appear I would just quit the level.

Does anyone know?

Thanks biggrin.gif

#39 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:45 PM

Yes, you need to finish the level.

#40 e[X]odus

e[X]odus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:54 PM

Thanks metaldevil, I guess 3rd run-through's a charm smile.gif

#41 darksteppin

darksteppin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:27 AM

I have beat it 3 times now and I still did not get the investigator award. O well 950/970 will have to do.

#42 x11mll

x11mll

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

Guys, i got a problem, my damn xbox 360 for some reason says i have ALL the birds and metal, and yep, i have......................

BUT

there is no achievement for GOLD bird award...

Any help from Anyone?

#43 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:03 PM

this is a common problem and here is what happened:

you got a bird in some level somewhere and that was the last bird you needed for the silver achievement in the level (so it unlocked)

then you died and started from a check point BEFORE you got the bird and finished the level without picking it up again.

so your total game progress save still thinks you're missing that bird.

it sucks but it happens to a lot of people, you just need to go back and get the one (or possibly more) it thinks you're missing because they were never added to the save.

The game code doesn't look at your achievements it just sends an achievement unlocked signal to Xbox Live. As far as the game is concerned since you didn't save after picking up that bird you never got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users