dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:05 PM

I'm going thru the single player on veteran difficulty now....seems like it'll take me forever since in almost a week i finally passed the first mission. and it appears its just going to get even harder since i noticed the AI for my allies don't really help at all?

when i first went thru it all on normal, the AI was really good at staying out of my way, moving when they need to move, and hitting some targets every once in a while. but why in the hell are they practically not helping at all now that its on veteran? and what's worse is that they get in my way all the time, where before they used to move out of my way when i got near them. and i've even spotted some just standing there instead of taking cover, or advancing, or firing at enemies? just seems like a big difference

or maybe i'm just that much better than the AI now (when i used to be the one standing around tongue.gif)

#2 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:26 PM

i beat the game on hardened and am now playing through it on veteran and i dont see anything of what your talking about. my allies are making almost as many kills as i am and they have had my back plenty of times. no matter what diffaculty i have played on they still tend to get in your way at times. overall the AI just keeps improving with the higher diffaculties IMO.

#3 juan_caliente

juan_caliente

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:55 PM

I agree with kage. I am on my 3rd time thought COD2 and the AI keeps getting better. I used to get all of the kills and now I have a hard time keeping up with them. My wife was watching me play last night and the AI allie picked up 2 grenades and threw them back at the germans and then ran for cover while firing. My wife asked my couldn't I do that?

laugh.gif

#4 Lerxst

Lerxst

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:UNIX
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(dabigdilla @ Dec 29 2005, 01:12 PM) View Post

or maybe i'm just that much better than the AI now (when i used to be the one standing around tongue.gif)

I think you got it. I've beat it on veteran, and you just realize that you have to actually fire your weapon, and you are becoming much faster than your squad! wink.gif

~Lerxst

#5 dabigdilla

dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(juan_caliente @ Dec 29 2005, 01:02 PM) View Post

I agree with kage. I am on my 3rd time thought COD2 and the AI keeps getting better. I used to get all of the kills and now I have a hard time keeping up with them. My wife was watching me play last night and the AI allie picked up 2 grenades and threw them back at the germans and then ran for cover while firing. My wife asked my couldn't I do that?

laugh.gif

ah, perfect example of good. now here's my scenario:

i'm crouched behind cover. and 2 of my allies come to my side, one on each side. they aren't even using cover! and then 2 grenades drop right by us. and instead of them moving so I can move, they both keep shooting, and nades blow up on me.

#6 Lerxst

Lerxst

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE(dabigdilla @ Dec 29 2005, 03:09 PM) View Post

ah, perfect example of good. now here's my scenario:

i'm crouched behind cover. and 2 of my allies come to my side, one on each side. they aren't even using cover! and then 2 grenades drop right by us. and instead of them moving so I can move, they both keep shooting, and nades blow up on me.

That's part of being a veteran smile.gif You gotta know when your squad is going to try to screw you wink.gif

~Lerxst

#7 Schismatized

Schismatized

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:48 PM

what i think is funny is how on veteran, each nazi has an unlimited supply of grenades, always knows exactly where i am, only shoots at me, an kills me with head shots with a machine gun from far away lol. Its like they dont care if my teamates are killing them, as long as they kill me. anyone notice this?

#8 Lerxst

Lerxst

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:58 PM

Yeah, and then wait until you get to Hill 400 and you try to take shelter in the bunker and the Krouts throw about fifty grenades in and your game does a checkpoint save. dry.gif

~Lerxst

#9 dabigdilla

dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(Lerxst @ Dec 29 2005, 02:05 PM) View Post

Yeah, and then wait until you get to Hill 400 and you try to take shelter in the bunker and the Krouts throw about fifty grenades in and your game does a checkpoint save. dry.gif

~Lerxst

lmao.....something to look forward to i guess sad.gif

#10 Schismatized

Schismatized

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:46 AM

haha lol. I mean i can see being killed in 1-2 shots etc; but why do the germans hafta be superhuman? (i.e. curving bullets from every single gun away from my allies to my head, materializing grenades, etc)

#11 KMFDM

KMFDM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:38 AM

I do find it pretty gay that the krauts pick you out of a group of 10 people and kill you all the time. Pretty lame i think. grr.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users