• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CHarrell

CHarrell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:26 AM

I thought I was doing something great - ordering my son's XBox 360 from Japan because it came with the beta version of FF XI and since he is an avid player of the PS2 FF Online game, I thought I would win the "mom of the year award". Wrong! Everything is in Japanese, so we are having trouble loading the FF XI game and to make matters worse, when we called MS they were of no help! They told us to go to the Japanese support site but guess what, there isn't an option for customer support in English. Can anyone help me?

#2 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2005 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(CHarrell @ Dec 31 2005, 01:33 AM) View Post

I thought I was doing something great - ordering my son's XBox 360 from Japan because it came with the beta version of FF XI and since he is an avid player of the PS2 FF Online game, I thought I would win the "mom of the year award". Wrong! Everything is in Japanese, so we are having trouble loading the FF XI game and to make matters worse, when we called MS they were of no help! They told us to go to the Japanese support site but guess what, there isn't an option for customer support in English. Can anyone help me?

You should have waited a bit Xbox 360's are in stock some places now. You can use an online translator if you would like that is the only thing that I know could translate. Hope that helps if you need any help on changing the dashboard language let me know.

#3 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(Master X @ Dec 31 2005, 02:14 PM) View Post

You can use an online translator if you would like that is the only thing that I know could translate.

She'd have to be able to read, then input, the kanji and other characters first.. which would require:

1) literacy in the language, or a functional knowledge of stoke count and radicals to look up the kanji
2) A Japanese 109/110 key keyboard (or at bare minimum IME installed)

Your support is certainly welcomed, however. Unfortunately, not practical.

#4 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:35 AM

Although, buying a Japanese Xbox 360 so you could get it with beta FFXI is a very "cool mom" thing to do, it is also a very dumb thing to do, unless you or your son actually knows Japanese. For one, although there are a lot of region free games, most probably won't be, which means if you see a game that comes out in US that is region locked that you want, you won't be able to play it on your Japanese X360, so you will be forced to import a Japanese version if there even is one(which will likely have Japanese text as well), you will probably run into this problem alot. As for not getting any help from support lines, that does not come as a shock, considering you are trying to play a Japanese game, when you don't even know Japanese. Not to mention the fact that it is a beta version for FFXI which is completely pointless to have, quite frankly. Also, I've read some impressions of that beta FFXI HERE, and it appears to be nothing special. If I were you, I would sell that X360 & FFXI as soon as possible so you can get as much money as possible for it, and then buy yourself a US X360 and just wait for a retail FFXI to come out here.

#5 nectar12

nectar12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:42 AM

too bad you just didnt wait.. the beta is gonna be here soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users