m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:15 AM

I own both but like neither - I may bite the bullet and play them regardless but after 2 hours on each I'm un-impressed.

why do people like them - sensible comments only please.

#2 Lpk32187

Lpk32187

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:20 AM

Depends on what games you like. Some people like different games then others. I hate sports games besides hockey (I hate madden as well). People will probably think thats weird as well. Just wait for the "right" game for you it will eventually come around. Also what games DO you "like" so I can maybe give you an idea of what to rent and get. I didn't like PDZ at first either intil I needed the achievements so I beat it and got used to it and started playing online.

#3 whitebwoy

whitebwoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:21 AM

i thought perfect dark was crap, I was so surprised since people talked so good about it.

#4 Lpk32187

Lpk32187

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:24 AM

The game is alright I did enjoy the single player however. The aiming system needs some tweaking and it needs to be more sensitive(I use 100 settings and its still slow). And definately the life, the life is just way to long. You can shotgun someone close range 3-5 times and sometimes not kill them.

#5 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE(Lpk32187 @ Dec 31 2005, 01:31 AM) View Post

You can shotgun someone close range 3-5 times and sometimes not kill them.

Just like halo 2's slot gun, when not hosting.

#6 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(Lpk32187 @ Dec 31 2005, 12:27 AM) View Post

Just wait for the "right" game for you it will eventually come around. Also what games DO you "like" so I can maybe give you an idea of what to rent and get.

I'll be giving PDZ another chance in the next few days... the games I have are

quake 4 - finished it, liked it, felt like the game ripped me off for giving only 140 points after completion.
nfs:mw - 100% finished (see my review under the review section)
kameo - in progress, like it so far
Condemned - finished earlier today thus the new games being tried out, liked it (see my review under the review section)
GUN - in progress, I worked on it so I'll keep back any comments
THAW - in progress, ditto above

PGR3 - too slow and deliberate its like driving in jello and the graphics are NOT what I was lead to expect
PDZ - feels again like playing in jello compared to Quake 4.

I hate pretty much all sports games so I'll pass on madden et al. King Kong might get a purchase soonish but we'll see. I might borrow a copy of COD2 from work too but thats really not my type of game (WWII shooter)...

#7 mike_jacko

mike_jacko

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:00 AM

pdz= dont like
pgr3=do like

#8 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:18 PM

I'd have to say I'm with m_hael on this.

I gave PDZ some time and it just kept on feeling awkward to control, and I couldn't stop hating how the all the characters looked, so I've decided to pass it for good. There are some other things to it, and I've said them before here on some thread so let's leave it to that. Let's just say that the downsides just outweighted the positive things for me.

As for PGR3, I don't hate it, but I've found that I'm not picking it up easily, and that I can to put it down very easily - not a good sign for a game. It's partly because I never liked PGR series that much, I don't like the feeling in driving, the clattering kudos points etc, but PGR3 also lacked some very essential things that should be there, like real damage, different weather conditions etc. In my opinion Forza Motorsport in BC 720p washes it in gameplay and still challenges it graphically. Plus it has a better resolution, too biggrin.gif. You could preach me an hour for all the advanced shaders PGR3 has, but Forza with it's gorgeus landscapes looks much better to me and my friends.

In conclusion: PGR3's photo mode and the models are great eye candy, but that's really about it.

I'm surprised to say, but I've found NFS:MW - a ported game that has all the MTV-elements I should hate - much more interesting to play than PGR3, so EA has done something right there. There, I've said it. NFS rocks. Just let me wash my mouth now.

I do believe that both PDZ and PGR3 are good games on their own accounts, but there's just something about them that isn't my cup of tea. I wish I could put my finger on it, but I can't.

These things pretty much just boil down to a game either having or not having that something special for you personally.

Edited by jizmo, 31 December 2005 - 01:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users