Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:16 AM

I've been able to kick complete butt on DOA 2 Hardcore, and DOA3. Finally they have changed the reversal system making for a more competitive game. I'm having a hardest time even looking skilled online. My best win streak is 5 games, and it was difficult. I guess they're are lot of things to master before anyone can be as good at this one as they were in the past. My advice is to give up the reversal moves and work on blocks. That way you can block a move and go straight to a grapple. Also the boss is easier if you force the hard hitting running moves: i.e. Jann Lee flying kick. You can knock her down and get in position to do it again and again, though sometimes she will get ya. Don't let her grap you, she can kill you in 2 moves if she wants. Also avoid combos, she has crazy reverse skills.

#2 potato10

potato10

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Interests:modding and blowing up xboxs
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:20 AM

i thought it was fairly easy i beat all the story lines and got spartan 458 in less than 6 hours. i havent played it online yet because i dont have it set up yet.

#3 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:29 AM

The Story mode isn't bad; but some people have complained about the cheapness of the boss. Online is very tricky, or it will be untill more poeple can master the fundamentals thus leaving the lesser skilled in position to match with eachother. Right now I consider myself lesser skilled, but when I get back to my old form that won't be the case.

#4 potato10

potato10

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Interests:modding and blowing up xboxs

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:37 AM

yeah the boss just felt like another player. and she had like seriously moves....the twirly kicky thing, the one when she gets you right at her gina, the one where she blows you up,when she jumps up on your shoulders and like cracks your neck, kick , and puches. thats seriously about all she does.and when she does all these moves and then you lose it makes the game that much more annoying.

#5 IllusiveX

IllusiveX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:16 AM

well i think its one of thee best fighters ive ever played gives me a real challage to do stuff but i like it better that way

Edited by IllusiveX, 01 January 2006 - 03:17 AM.

#6 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:00 AM

Ive found that if 2 people are playing story mode, let the first person play untill they get frustrated and then pass the controller to the 2nd person. it almost seems like the AI adapts to the first persons style then the 2nd person can easily defeat the enemy with theire different play style. hope that makes sense ive been doin a lil boosin!

#7 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Dec 31 2005, 09:07 PM) View Post

Ive found that if 2 people are playing story mode, let the first person play untill they get frustrated and then pass the controller to the 2nd person. it almost seems like the AI adapts to the first persons style then the 2nd person can easily defeat the enemy with theire different play style. hope that makes sense ive been doin a lil boosin!

Actually it does. DOAs AI learns your style. You can tell, on certain rounds, the AI becomes better at recognizing your moves, and combats it with the appropriate counter. Ive noticed this change mostly on round 4 and 7. Its especially noticiable in survival mode, where you must vary your moves to keep the AI guessing.

Edited by Altima NEO, 01 January 2006 - 09:06 PM.

#8 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:24 PM

The game really is the best fighter available even if I prefer DOA3's reversal system (mostly because I suck and haven't reprogrammed my style to use the new system). The game is pretty challenging to me... took me 5 hours to beat it with everyone and get the Spartan. Time Attack with the Spartan is a BITCH. Otherwise, it's pretty great game all around. I was a tad disappointed with the number of costumes, but I know they'll probably release more on the Marketplace. The cinematics are fantastic! But they really make the in-game stuff look like DOAU. But graphics aren't everything and this games moves FAST.

All I can complain about is Alpha-152... CHEAPEST. BOSS. EVER!

I HATE her. She is so annoying when she disappears and then slaughters you. I don't mind her over powered attackes. I just want them to dump the disappearing move. Seriously cheap and frustrating to the point of not being fun. Anyway, DOA Online makes up for the cheapness of the story mode boss. Seeya'll online.

#9 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

the boss is worse than the one in doa 3? I didnt think that was possible laugh.gif

#10 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Jan 1 2006, 05:11 PM) View Post

the boss is worse than the one in doa 3? I didnt think that was possible laugh.gif

Yes. 5 times worse than Omega. At least Omega was blockable. Alpha just rips right through me... mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users