exceltious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:01 AM

Hello I am in the process of upgrading my stock drive to a 120g. evox and all my apps/games/skins and trainers are on my original drive.I would like to put everything on the new drive as easy as possable. I dont have a burner so I would need to use flashfxp. If anyone could throwme a link to a toutorial I would appreciate it.

#2 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:25 AM

Depends on what kind of mod you have. is it a chipped or soft modded box.

#3 nickb834

nickb834

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:21 PM

I don't think it matters what modchip you got but yeah if it's softmodded thats a bit harder.

FTP into your Xbox and transfer everything from your Xbox to a folder on your PC, making sure that you keep the folder structure intact. For example, create an Xbox folder, and in that folder make folders called 'C' 'D' 'E' 'F' then transfer Xbox C drives contents to the C folder and D's contents to the D folder etc etc etc...

After this it would be a really good idea to make sure your original drive is unlocked so you can use it in your PC or perhaps another Xbox if ever you want to. Your dashboard of choice should have the option to lock and unlock your drive. Failing that the Cromwell Linux BIOS can do it, as can the Flashbios-Unofficials.

Now once your contents are backed up, and the drive is unlocked you can remove it and install your new one.

You are now gonna need a dvd / cd to boot off that has an embedded FTP server, i.e;

EVOX or Slayers 2.6 Disc.

With the Xbox booted off this disc you can now use Evox or Slayers to prep your HD, once the partitions are created you can ftp the C D E F folders from your PC back into your Xbox.

And voila! you are done.

If you need any further help try the XS search function cos there are hundreds of threads and a few stickies devoted to this such situation.

Hope this helps

Nickb

Edited by nickb834, 01 January 2006 - 01:28 PM.

#4 exceltious

exceltious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:21 AM

Ok. My system is hard modded with a smartXX v2 chip and I use Ed on chip and flash_fxp to FTP.I was hoping to avoid making a evox boot disk as I have a cd burner but not a dvd burner. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users