X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 January 2006 - 05:36 AM

Hello,My name is Nugwin.I have come here looking for advice on a modchip that I am planning to buy. Ok heres the story, I was softmodding blah blah blah, then i found out Softmod Installer Deluxe was bad and deleted my C drive, SO I was like all panicking and crap, and quickly donwloaded Krayzies Installer and installed, which made my xbox go dead because there are two files or something and the xbox doesnt know which one to boot. Or osmething like that, I asked someone about it. SO a modchip was the only solution(i have a 1.3 xbox I cant do the coma xbox tutorial) So I thought this one was good because it was cheap and I heard it was stabile and everything. But the ONe thing thats bothering me is that I keep on hearing this chip has only one bank. There isnt that switch to go from bank 1 or bank 2. If someone could clear this up for me, I would apreciate it. Heres the link:

http://www.divineo.c...v-us/dd-xb-dx2l

Also pros/cons Would be apreciated! Please and thank you

-Nugwin

#2 Speil

Speil

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 01 January 2006 - 07:41 AM

Nugwin. We have talked this over on Aim. You could Either hotswap or Chip it and you said you prefered to chip it. And its only got one bank because it only has 512K of Flash Space. Which should be all you need it for.

Me = Evox

#3 Nugwin

Nugwin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:33 PM

Oh,But what if i mess up once more?What would happen and how would i fix it? Like if I flashed it wrong or something

Edited by Nugwin, 01 January 2006 - 06:33 PM.

#4 Speil

Speil

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 01 January 2006 - 07:27 PM

I think you should be able to reflash it. Ive never really come accross a chip that you cant reflash.

#5 Nugwin

Nugwin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

so basically after you sucessfully installed a modchip, its basically idiot proof to messup? Get on aim if you can.

#6 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:57 AM

Hello there ...

If you have a V1.6 xbox then you dont need to flash the duox2 lite. If you dont have a V1.6 then you need to reflash the chip. The easiest way is to use the HackDaBox Reflash Cd.

If you do make a mistake which is allmost impossible following the instructions above then you can reflash the chip using a friends xbox and the HackDaBox Reflash Cd and following my Pinned Hotswap to Flash Tutorial.

also check out www.hackdabox.com for more info !

HackDaBox !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users