X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:15 AM

Hey guys..
First of all.. love the game, give it 4.5 out of 5.

Quick question for you though...
Does the long flowing hair on the girls dissapoint anyone else
besides me?

All of the long hair seems to move in chunks as it slides
around on their shoulders and I would
have expected to see finer hair (individual strands) on the 360.

I know this seems like a minor thing, but the game is so beautiful in
many ways... then you see chunks of hair sliding around on their shoulders.

...its just kind of freaky, dont you think?

#2 chuxterofdoom

chuxterofdoom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:57 AM

I've been playing for a while also. It is rather dissappointing to see hair that looks like it did on the dreamcast but that could also be said for the characters. While the backgrounds are jaw dropping the characters almost look slightly out of place. Now if DOA5 ends up looking like the CG endings in DOA4 then I will get it otherwise this will be my final DOA game.

#3 itwong

itwong

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:53 AM

same here. that's really disappointing, looks like DOA3 is better in rendering hair

#4 rfmok

rfmok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:16 AM

WHAT!? You mean you guys don't like the dreadlocks on the ladies!? hahaha, yea I wasn't feeling them either blink.gif . They tried something different with the hair and thought the accomplished something. Although the movements look great and natural with the hair, the chunks seem weird. They need to do it differently like they do with parts of the clothing so it can look real. Perhaps it wouldnt look right on the doll like characters so they had to do chunks, iunno....

#5 Tito2k6

Tito2k6

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:27 AM

Wow! I've been thinking of starting this thread since I got the game. It really looks like total crap. I know the system can do better. Here's the thing though...would you rather wait until July for sweet lookin hair? uhh.gif

#6 MR-T

MR-T

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:32 AM

Initially, I noticed the hair and sometimes the costumes in trailers and videos, and it looked a little awkward. But after having picked up the game and having played it for a while I do not notice either at all. Giving the hair and costumes their own physics is a step up in my opinion. The other thing I might add is that I play on my HDTV in 1080i, and on my monitor in 1280x1024, so things like blocks and chunks might be less visible.

#7 MN-Mod-Man

MN-Mod-Man

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

Come on are we forgetting these are 1st generation titles? The GAMEPLAY IS TIGHT (Not the Slang) the online is pretty nice I don't really care about the hair physics as I know in time stuff like this will be worked out, right now I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. love.gif

#8 Erick

Erick

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

i think the hair looks pretty good whats wrong with you guys...

#9 psychoace

psychoace

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

It would damn near be impossible still with this hardware to be able to do individual strands of hair on a women withoug comprimise on graphics or something that might be cpu intensive. When your talking about 100's of strands of hair moving independently of all other hair while still not intruding any other hair or surface your really going to cause a lot of cpu to be waisted on something so small. Watch the behind the scenes video for final fantasy: spirit within and they will tell you how they were forced to do the hair on a seperate layer because it just to long to render with everything else.

#10 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

what annoys me most about the hair is how it slides on their clothes as if everything was made out buttered silk

#11 Immortal1974

Immortal1974

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

The hair designs were done that way purposely. They wanted to make the hair flow extremely realisticly while the characters are "fighting" not while in victory poses or other times in the game.

Wow, an amazing game comes out and every aspect of it is awesome and someone has to point out what is probably its only "minor" flaw. What the heck is the matter with you people lol, I mean damn, the game rocks and all people want to do is trash it in one way or another.

I dont find the hair to be a distraction or irritation at all. The game is definitely the best DOA yet and will be for a long time, this is what we have and its awesome. Everything in DOA4 has been improved from DOA Ultimate and DOA3 and this puppy is capable of 1080i resolution. Its like someone saying no to a million dollar diamond because it has a slight bit of color in it lol.

DOA4 is hands down the best DOA yet, HAVE A NICE DAY.

#12 dgrams2003

dgrams2003

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(Immortal1974 @ Jan 2 2006, 09:17 PM) View Post

Wow, an amazing game comes out and every aspect of it is awesome and someone has to point out what is probably its only "minor" flaw. What the heck is the matter with you people lol, I mean damn, the game rocks and all people want to do is trash it in one way or another.

Dude, calm down.. its just a topic to discuss about.
We all love the game here... like I said.. 4.5 out of 5.

Maybe Team Ninja did design it that way... I'm just saying
it looks like something you'd not expect on a 360. Thats all.

If we really wanted to get more nitpicky about the game, I'm sure we
could go on and on about certain aspects that we have already been overlooking
for the last 2 to 3 installments of the game.. but thats not what we
are discussing here..

its just simply.... hair.

smile.gif

#13 deke

deke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:44 AM

The hair looks good in gameplay, but in cutscenes they needed some work on the hair flowing. I noticed it in story mode with the girl who is German, and the girl who talks to her mom in the Japanese house(I am new to the series, and have'nt gotten the names down). The hair just waves out in big hunky strands. I am enjoying the game, and I hope that the online play will keep me busy for a while.

#14 Lerxst

Lerxst

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:UNIX

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:16 AM

dgrams2003 your not alone. The hair thing bugs me too...

~Lerxst

#15 joeyddr

joeyddr

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:47 AM

i dont know about wallowing about how the hair looks but the rest of the game is fucking awesome, best doa yet.

hair dont bother me in the least, the boobies bounce perfect smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users