13 replies to this topic

#1 dignick

dignick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 04:29 PM

Sorry 'bout this guys, bit of a noob question, but is there anyway of getting just xbox/with modchip (x2l) to with the original xbox dashboard once evox dashboard has been installed and I followed the instructions properly (like a good boy) (It's dashbackup.xbe)? So basically how can I boot with dashbackup.xbe?
Thanx

#2 thycide

thycide

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2003 - 05:04 PM

Umm? WTF!!! I didn't understand a word of that, and i'm pretty sure this is in the wrong forum. Should be in the newbies section.

Here's a hint... Read the FAQs/Tutorials most of your questions will be answered there, then do a search on the forums. When all else fails then post a question. By the way, get some English language and English grammer lessons before posting again, so maybe someone who reads your posts can actually make sense of it.

Christ this crap does my head in, this used to be such a great place to come and seek help as well as helping others. Seems to have turned to crap lately with noobs who just don't research first.

Edited by thycide, 22 April 2003 - 05:04 PM.

#3 switzch

switzch

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:36 PM

i think i understand you question.. but i could be wrong.
rename your xboxdash (the original msdash) to msxboxdash.xbe, you should be able to link to it from evox now.

#4 dignick

dignick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:50 PM

I can't do this bcos xbox won't boot from hd or cd's, I tried putting hd in comp, messed around with bios loads, any idea's on what precomp and landz should b set to in the bios? I think precomp should b set 2 none (summat like 65535) dunno about landz tho. I'm trying to get xb hd to b seen in windows, but if try to use hd preparer, it can't write to it, so I think its only in the list there bcos the bios says it shud work. I'm stuck, but I'm sure some1 must know the answer. All that's corrupt is about 2 files on it, it's just accesing the one that aren't!

Edited by dignick, 22 April 2003 - 07:00 PM.

#5 jasonmvt

jasonmvt

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (dignick @ Apr 22 2003, 02:50 PM)
I can't do this bcos xbox won't boot from hd or cd's, I tried putting hd in comp, messed around with bios loads, any idea's on what precomp and landz should b set to in the bios? I think precomp should b set 2 none (summat like 65535) dunno about landz tho. I'm trying to get xb hd to b seen in windows, but if try to use hd preparer, it can't write to it, so I think its only in the list there bcos the bios says it shud work. I'm stuck, but I'm sure some1 must know the answer. All that's corrupt is about 2 files on it, it's just accesing the one that aren't!

wow, my eyes are actually bleeding now, thanks... blink.gif

#6 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 April 2003 - 07:35 PM

He's like a 2 year old isnt he biggrin.gif

#7 BIOYAM

BIOYAM

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (jasonmvt @ Apr 22 2003, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (dignick @ Apr 22 2003, 02:50 PM)
I can't do this bcos xbox won't boot from hd or cd's, I tried putting hd in comp, messed around with bios loads, any idea's on what precomp and landz should b set to in the bios?  I think precomp should b set 2 none (summat like 65535) dunno about landz tho.  I'm trying to get xb hd to b seen in windows, but if try to use hd preparer, it can't write to it, so I think its only in the list there bcos the bios says it shud work.  I'm stuck, but I'm sure some1 must know the answer.  All that's corrupt is about 2 files on it, it's just accesing the one that aren't!

wow, my eyes are actually bleeding now, thanks... blink.gif

biggrin.gif

#8 dignick

dignick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 08:49 PM

Constructive comments there thanx! So any serious advise now?

#9 oneeye258

oneeye258

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2003 - 09:37 PM

i would give some but i can't understand a damn word of what you are asking blink.gif

#10 logan6988

logan6988

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 12:18 AM

I can't do this bcos xbox won't boot from hd or cd's, I tried putting hd in comp, messed around with bios loads, any idea's on what precomp and landz should b set to in the bios?  I think precomp should b set 2 none (summat like 65535) dunno about landz tho.  I'm trying to get xb hd to b seen in windows, but if try to use hd preparer, it can't write to it, so I think its only in the list there bcos the bios says it shud work.  I'm stuck, but I'm sure some1 must know the answer.  All that's corrupt is about 2 files on it, it's just accesing the one that aren't!

why did u fuck around with the bios in yur computer?

#11 cursedjoker

cursedjoker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 09:54 AM

i am friends with Dignick and it is actually my Xbox that went wrong. Now before you go saying that they are just newbies we are not. When we actually put Nexgen on, which is the program that caused it to mess up the xbox hard drive we followed all the information it said to do. That is the same for what we did with EvoX. Also what is the point of putting pointless and annoying comments on, not saying any names but socrates and oneeye258 you are both idiots.

#12 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:09 AM

For what I understand, your box won't boot the dashboard. Just mount the HD in the box and boot on an evox CD. Then you can access the HD (or at least you can reformat everything).

#13 lucas

lucas

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (cursedjoker @ Apr 23 2003, 08:54 PM)
i am friends with Dignick and it is actually my Xbox that went wrong. Now before you go saying that they are just newbies we are not. When we actually put Nexgen on, which is the program that caused it to mess up the xbox hard drive we followed all the information it said to do. That is the same for what we did with EvoX. Also what is the point of putting pointless and annoying comments on, not saying any names but socrates and oneeye258 you are both idiots.

maybe you can restate what your friend said in a readable fashion and someone might actually help you guys

<gheylamerspeak>
mayb u can restate wot ur cuz sed in a readable fashion n sum1 might actually help u broz
</gheylamerspeak>

#14 Fire

Fire

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Internet<br />Cars<br />Computers<br />Gadgets<br />Electronics<br />TV<br />Satellite
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 April 2003 - 11:05 AM

dtl expl is nedd!..

English = detailed explination is needed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users