57 replies to this topic

#31 RX3

RX3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, I agree. But, don't get me started on our $%*^&* up justice system here in the U.S. Like OJ and Michael Jackson...nevermind. Let's keep it on topic.

#32 myst1x

myst1x

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:21 AM

Off-Topic:
QUOTE(axess68 @ Jan 3 2006, 05:10 PM) View Post

Doesn't that situation sound asanine to you? Imagine the conversation in prison: Webmaster: "What are you in for?" , Prisoner: "I killed a bunch of people. What about you?", Webmaster: "I pissed off MS by distributing pirate programs on my website."

Sending people to prison because of a DMCA violation is just asanine. I can think of LOTS more REAL CRIMINALS that deserve that guy's spot in a cell.

Unfortunately, even though it is completely ridiculous, it's what happens.

On topic:
Yes, Bunnie's message could have been cryptic... but, then again, not. People might be reading too deeply into his words because they're hoping too hard that Bunnie will come through big like he has in the past. The 360 will be cracked eventually, we just need to find some breakthroughs that make it sooner rather than later.

#33 MaTiAz

MaTiAz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Xbox hardware, hacking, technical stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, it's crazy. Here in Finland, the new copyright law makes you pay fines if you buy a cd, then circumvent the copy protection and rip it to your MP3 player. If you download the same cd illegally from internet and put it to your MP3 player, nothing happens to ya :/

It sucks, I know.

#34 mingus440

mingus440

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:39 AM

For the most part this thread has been quite honest. It was nice to be reminded of what Bunnie did way back when.

Just one minor inaccuracy.

The guy (Krazy8) who was arrested over at theisonews.com was caught out for selling xbox mod chips. This wasn't the feds and dmca 'coming down heavy' etc... He committed a crime - and got caught.

This has been happening since the first chips hit the market for the psx.

#35 Bizquick

Bizquick

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Moding Xbox's with chips and sometimes with out.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:42 PM

You all are right bunnie has done alot for the scene. I'm kind of supprised he thinks this disc is that much of a key. But then again we have found out how to do a few things because of it.

Anyway I agree with most of you about these guys going to prison for copyright infrigment. I think its serious but at the same time there is no way I would think these guys should sit in a cell. When they have so many child rapest's and killers out there. I think lock up is for real harsh crimes. not this software infrigment. I say software crimes need a diffrent court system. I mean if you copy a game one month and the price is 50.00 and then 4 or 5 months later the price drops to half or less. then your not steeling 50.00 your taking 25 or less,

#36 Math1

Math1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:38 AM

That is a complete BS argument. If you steal a car tofday, you get charged with grand theft, auto -- it doesn't matter tha tthe same car is worth less a year later.

Stealing is stealing. If you make your living making a product and people steal it, how is that any different than coming to your house and ripping off your property? You guys claim to like games and gaming, yet you seem to see nothing wrong with ripping off the people who make them. Games aren't made by faceless giant corporaitons, they are made by VERY hardworking people who pay bills, raise kids, and feed their families. Ripping off software or music or movies is every bit as much a crime as stealing their possessions directly would be.

As to Bunnie, he did some great and complicated work on the Xbox and his method of sniffing the bus was really clever. It helped that he had access to an MIT lab full of equipment -- and that he is really, really smart smile.gif

I did get a little tired of his claims to pure motives based on his concerns over the Xbox security. And also was pretty surprised that MIT would actually support his publication of a paper on the subject. He did it for the same reason a lot of people hack systems -- to see if he could. Trying to justify it as something more seems a little weak. I owul dguess he isn't too involved inXbox 360 becaue he has better things to do -- lik emaking a living smile.gif

There really is nothing noble about this stuff -- it is just a hobby that is intellectually challenging and it opens up a lot of new uses for the hardware -- but we shouldn't kid ourselves that we aren't in the process opening up the box for criminals to exploit for piracy.

Personally, I think they should have made the 360 easy to do homebrew for, but secure for commercial games. But then, the hackers who only care about piracy would have to admit their motives. And it wouldn't be nearly as much fun as trying to figure out a way around the security.

#37 maxus

maxus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:37 PM

Bunny? Is he the one that lives by the tree with green apples?

#38 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:46 PM

People who were important to early Xbox Hacking.. and claim to not be helping this time around, may very well be doing so but under a new assumed alias. Food for thought.

#39 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:59 PM

People who were important to early Xbox Hacking.. and claim to not be helping this time around, may very well be doing so but under a new assumed alias. Food for thought

Once again the blue-bastard speaks wisely wink.gif

#40 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Jan 5 2006, 06:53 PM) View Post

People who were important to early Xbox Hacking.. and claim to not be helping this time around, may very well be doing so but under a new assumed alias. Food for thought.

hs knows someything the scene doesnt tongue.gif

hardocp ftw

#41 Pluttiplutt

Pluttiplutt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:My family and my son.<br>Travelling, my wife are from China.<br>We meet in China!

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:55 AM

I wouldn't say it's not a crime stealing software!

This is history: What is what? The whole home-computer scene was stolen from me and my friends and other guy's all around the world and from you. It happened in the middle of the 70's. It was people in black costumes who enter the homecomputerbuilders marked by that time and claimed they owned it. They where profiters and hungry and they stole everything from me and the other guy's and you. Some of the guy's ended up in black costumes too and some ended up in prisons and some are still like you and me.

We used to build the first homecomputers by our hands step by step and solder, everybody helped each other and nobody looked at the money. It was a funny time. Everything we did was "public domaines" and was give away. I wouldn't say I built the first wireless modem but near by. It was even in a computermagazine, It was a small little box to send and recive RTTY on a computer called Telmac 1800. The men in their black costumes only took and took and if we took anything back they call us thieves. But who was the thives?

I only ask who was the thives who turned the computer and game into softwareshops and computermarked? It wasn't you or neither me. It was the hungry blacksuited men who already had the money to buy everything we wanted. The men only wanted to lay hands on my money when I buy games and computers today. Who is "the choosen one" to put it all back like it was from the start back in the middle of the 70's?

Back in the 70's the computers was free and so was the softwares but somebody claimed that somebody owned that is what's it all about? I never invited the blacksuited men, did you? Today I understand, it was all wrong to give away something to people who never gave anything back. Here M$ has given something back and some say it is a crime to have it back?

Blacksuited men are just loosers and will never be anything else... they don't know anything about the spirit and never will.

The spirit can't be stolen.
love.gif

P.S.
I hope I said it all!
Now, back to M$ Xbox 360 Kiosk Demo Disc
D.S

Edited by Pluttiplutt, 07 January 2006 - 04:45 AM.

#42 CrystalXBOX

CrystalXBOX

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Arcade Games, Computers, Cars.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE(Pluttiplutt @ Jan 7 2006, 04:02 AM) View Post

I wouldn't say it's not a crime stealing software!

This is history: What is what? The whole home-computer scene was stolen from me and my friends and other guy's all around the world and from you. It happened in the middle of the 70's. It was people in black costumes who enter the homecomputerbuilders marked by that time and claimed they owned it. They where profiters and hungry and they stole everything from me and the other guy's and you. Some of the guy's ended up in black costumes too and some ended up in prisons and some are still like you and me.

We used to build the first homecomputers by our hands step by step and solder, everybody helped each other and nobody looked at the money. It was a funny time. Everything we did was "public domaines" and was give away. I wouldn't say I built the first wireless modem but near by. It was even in a computermagazine, It was a small little box to send and recive RTTY on a computer called Telmac 1800. The men in their black costumes only took and took and if we took anything back they call us thieves. But who was the thives?

I only ask who was the thives who turned the computer and game into softwareshops and computermarked? It wasn't you or neither me. It was the hungry blacksuited men who already had the money to buy everything we wanted. The men only wanted to lay hands on my money when I buy games and computers today. Who is "the choosen one" to put it all back like it was from the start back in the middle of the 70's?

Back in the 70's the computers was free and so was the softwares but somebody claimed that somebody owned that is what's it all about? I never invited the blacksuited men, did you? Today I understand, it was all wrong to give away something to people who never gave anything back. Here M$ has given something back and some say it is a crime to have it back?

Blacksuited men are just loosers and will never be anything else... they don't know anything about the spirit and never will.

The spirit can't be stolen.
love.gif

P.S.
I hope I said it all!
Now, back to M$ Xbox 360 Kiosk Demo Disc
D.S

WHOA! You smoke entirely too much reefer!

I will say that I remember in the mid 80's takin gmy c128 to swap meets and libraries and such, sometimes with a detailed policeman. Everyone was taking each others 5 1/4 floppies or 3.5's if you was lucky enough to have a 1581 disk and would bring it to his computer setup and copy it and then return... image THE HORROR... the days when you could actually return software for your money back.. peace out!

#43 rezzin

rezzin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE(CrystalXBOX @ Jan 6 2006, 10:00 PM) View Post

WHOA! You smoke entirely too much reefer!

I will say that I remember in the mid 80's takin gmy c128 to swap meets and libraries and such, sometimes with a detailed policeman. Everyone was taking each others 5 1/4 floppies or 3.5's if you was lucky enough to have a 1581 disk and would bring it to his computer setup and copy it and then return... image THE HORROR... the days when you could actually return software for your money back.. peace out!

greetings

its been a long time since ive posted .

i think all software should be free
like the man said its the way it used to be .
after all bill gates stole software ideas from ibm . the on screen mouse with gui was stolen from zerox . the world is a bunch of thevin software geeks . but we like to call it file sharing . lol . napster started it all . they were the kingpins when it came to music swaping . no one cares about that any more . because its old news . people are alays intersted in new things to steal . its part of human nature. its up to the laws to say if its wrong or right . but technology is getting more high tech every second . so laws cant keep up . expesialy when theres old people writing them from previos time periods . i always said sharing is caring . i loved that line until i got my friends internet shut off for doing to much of it . lol . now were in the information age . and what gets shared is the information. isent it great . xbox sene rocks . so does 360 hacking . the level of sharing information on one piece of hardware (360) is unpresidented . i keep up with it all . as much as i can i meen .
pop.gif
i cant wait til it gets hacked . not for piracy reasons but because of the level of efort being put into this . and the short time frame that it will be acomplished . M$ those over pricing muthers . how can a kid with no money ever play such a game sys or evn buy games at that . al this does is lets posibilities open up and motivates inovation. dont player hate congardulate . mad props to the hacking of the Kiosk Demo Disc.
i just wish i hade a 360 sys to mess around with it . lol . but i still love my 120 hd original soft moded xbox . im reading the celestine prophicy . its a real awakiner . sorry for all the bable . just had to though my 2 cent in .

later . you sick and twisted intelgent individuals

rezz

ps . m$ . u gotta love em for this great challenge . truly great

over chargen mothers

#44 jesuscakes

jesuscakes

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(rezzin @ Jan 13 2006, 05:52 AM) View Post

greetings

its been a long time since ive posted .

i think all software should be free
like the man said its the way it used to be .
after all bill gates stole software ideas from ibm . the on screen mouse with gui was stolen from zerox . the world is a bunch of thevin software geeks . but we like to call it file sharing . lol . napster started it all . they were the kingpins when it came to music swaping . no one cares about that any more . because its old news . people are alays intersted in new things to steal . its part of human nature. its up to the laws to say if its wrong or right . but technology is getting more high tech every second . so laws cant keep up . expesialy when theres old people writing them from previos time periods . i always said sharing is caring . i loved that line until i got my friends internet shut off for doing to much of it . lol . now were in the information age . and what gets shared is the information. isent it great . xbox sene rocks . so does 360 hacking . the level of sharing information on one piece of hardware (360) is unpresidented . i keep up with it all . as much as i can i meen .
pop.gif
i cant wait til it gets hacked . not for piracy reasons but because of the level of efort being put into this . and the short time frame that it will be acomplished . M$ those over pricing muthers . how can a kid with no money ever play such a game sys or evn buy games at that . al this does is lets posibilities open up and motivates inovation. dont player hate congardulate . mad props to the hacking of the Kiosk Demo Disc.
i just wish i hade a 360 sys to mess around with it . lol . but i still love my 120 hd original soft moded xbox . im reading the celestine prophicy . its a real awakiner . sorry for all the bable . just had to though my 2 cent in .

later . you sick and twisted intelgent individuals

rezz

ps . m$ . u gotta love em for this great challenge . truly great

over chargen mothers
You know what isn't great? Your spelling and general grammer. :|

#45 Math1

Math1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

If you don't like paying for commercial software - don't buy it. But don't use it either. Stick to freeware and open source. And contribute by writing your own stuff and giving it away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users