Photo

File Wasn't Completly Sent By Ftp...must Restart The Process !

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BoXmOd

BoXmOd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

Hi...

Someone already had problem like mine ???

I consider myself as an ''advanced'' Quix user but since a couple of days i can't perform any complete transfer (creating iso game file) from my Xbox DVD drive to PC with Quix 1.01 .

It always failed ( with all DVD games original or back-up) and it give me that kind of message (in my own word) :

-----------Expecting 152 610 816 bytes but received 154 380 288 bytes from folder :/xxx/xxx/xxx...----------
This mean the file wasn't completly sent---------- You must restart the process !!!!!! ------------

The weirdest thing is all of my other FTP clients could transfer the same files from the DVD drive without any problem. huh.gif

Maybe i'ts because i start the wrong Quix.exe a couple of times ( in that case it ask me to add a new FTP connection every time before using it ) Does it gives me a corrupted installation ???

In that case...how could i REALLY COMPLETLY uninstall and remove ALL traces in registry from Quix before clean re-installaling?

Thanks a lot !

wink.gif

N.b. I have only Win XP SP1 installed (no SP2)...does my problem[font=Comic Sans Ms] could be link to this ?

#2 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

What dashboard are you using?

Qwix 2.0 will use boost for ISO creation, but that won't be released for a while.

Edited by Devenic, 03 January 2006 - 07:22 PM.

#3 BoXmOd

BoXmOd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE(Devenic @ Jan 3 2006, 07:29 PM) View Post

What dashboard are you using?

Qwix 2.0 will use boost for ISO creation, but that won't be released for a while.

i'm running UnleashX (don't remember the version).But i would like to know why and how it happened now sad.gif

Tell me if i'm wrong but all my others FTP clients should not be able to download properly (like they did) from the same Xbox DVD games with the same DVD drive if the problem issues from hardware and/or my router ???

Do you think that completly remove and re-install Quix could solve the mystery ??? rolleyes.gif

And if it is...wich registry keys i should absolutely delete to erase any trace of old installation ?

Thanks !

#4 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

Qwix doesn't use the registry at all. There is no install or uninstall. Deleting settings.ini and connections.ini will get Qwix back to original "uninstalled" status.

There are many factors that could contribute to the problem, most of which are outside the control of Qwix. Those that are under the control of Qwix are very hard to reproduce. Try using Avalaunch or XBMC as your FTP server and see if you still have the same problem. The generic FTP code in Qwix is not its greatest strength, boost code is.

#5 BoXmOd

BoXmOd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(Devenic @ Jan 4 2006, 02:37 PM) View Post

Qwix doesn't use the registry at all. There is no install or uninstall. Deleting settings.ini and connections.ini will get Qwix back to original "uninstalled" status.

There are many factors that could contribute to the problem, most of which are outside the control of Qwix. Those that are under the control of Qwix are very hard to reproduce. Try using Avalaunch or XBMC as your FTP server and see if you still have the same problem. The generic FTP code in Qwix is not its greatest strength, boost code is.

Ok...i think i've found the problem...It looks like it came from my Xbox because i've just bought another one ( a Crystal Limited Edition v1.6...Thanks God !!! ) and everythimg goes well while transfering via Quix.

An idea unsure.gif ...is it possible that my DVD drive lens (Old Thomson) could be a step from dead and transfering and creating an iso simoultanely direct from DVD drive could be harder for it than the just FTP'ing it ?

Thanks Devenic for your time !

#6 BoXmOd

BoXmOd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:23 PM

Is XBMC support boost mode ?

unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users