jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

Since PGR3 isn't exactly my cup of tea, I decided to buy Forza Motorsport again, which I got rid of when selling my old Xbox.

To my amazement it failed to run on my PAL x360 with VGA, saying I've got a wrong screenmode (a common problem with Live! updates with PAL boxes. it just says to lower display settings with VGA, but no resolution actually works). The only solution is to run the game with other cables, which I did. Grunt.

I got the game running ok to menus etc, but when the first race started, I almost fell off my chair. It was running steadily around 12fps, steering was terribly sluggish than on Xbox, thanks to lazy framerate and driving was almost impossible. Not enjoyable anyway in any means. Bigger grunt.
dry.gif

I'm taking the game back tomorrow and changing it to some other old Xbox title, but before that I'd like to know if anyone else is having similar kind of problems (VGA not working / poor performance)

I'm a bit pissed off about this, since there's no mention about this in the BC list and I'd like to assure that my next BC title will work ok.

Edited by jizmo, 03 January 2006 - 07:13 PM.

#2 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

the framerate did seem kind of slow for me. there were some courses that were fine but others there would be certain turns where the frame rate would take a real dive, but when i looked backwards the framerate would be nice and smooth. i dont know if it would work but try taking as much as you could off of the screen when it comes to info and stats. there has to be a reason that when you look behind it runs just fine even in the framey parts. maybe all the info cluttering the screen is causing the framerate issues uhh.gif

#3 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:25 PM

That pretty much sums it up.

I tried it again, but it's really not playable. 12-15fps really doesn't allow very subtle response to the fast changing situations on the track.

Pity. I really wanted the king of the car games on x360 as well.

#4 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:35 PM

Wow that sucks I liked forza and was gonna pick it up

#5 Timonator

Timonator

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:37 AM

I tried it on my 360 tonight and was also very dissapointed.When it boots up the MS game studios logo was allchoppy and deformed.What was worse was when I tried to play it I would get to the straightaway it seemined like the faster I should be going the slower I went.It was like a slow motion racing game.I think they need a patch or something.Maybe they're trying to force everyone to buy PGR3.

#6 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:43 AM

why dont u just wait untill they get it working better? after all, BC is only in its infant stages sleep.gif

Edited by incognegro, 04 January 2006 - 04:46 AM.

#7 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(incognegro @ Jan 4 2006, 05:50 AM) View Post

why dont u just wait untill they get it working better? after all, BC is only in its infant stages sleep.gif

I still think that calling it BC compatible is misleading, since it's unplayable and refuses to work with the VGA cable.

Fix might be on its way, but I just put down $60 for a game that I cannot play, despite the MS' claim that I can. I was supposed to play Forza while waiting for Grand Raid Offroad and Test Drive, but these games will probably come out before MS gets that Forza fixed.

So back it goes.

Edited by jizmo, 04 January 2006 - 08:34 AM.

#8 Grentz

Grentz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:04 AM

where did you put down $60 for forza blink.gif

Its like $19 new at stores around here, plus they go on ebay and at gamestop for like $10.

I am all good though as I run my Xbox on my system as well tongue.gif
(I never opted to move it to the 360 since I do not really want to start my career over again!!!)

Edited by Grentz, 08 July 2006 - 05:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users