• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 minitaur

minitaur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:17 PM

I recently installed v1.1 and have a black screen and red light on the eject button with the chip engaged. I read elsewhere in the site that this is due to the fact that the bios will not work with my version (1.6b). I am wondering if I now purchase the programmer will I be able to flash the chip and get it to work?

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:31 PM

Hell No ! The USB programmer is worse than a spider !

Spiders do work to some extent in some cases but the USB programmer does not work at all !

Do not buy one !

HackDaBox !

#3 thecheekymonkey

thecheekymonkey

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:00 PM

i`ll confirm

the usb programmer doesnt work, the only good thing you get is the retractable USB lead which is quite nify wink.gif

remove the spider chip, and get another one (different brand alltogether)

#4 jonjoyner83

jonjoyner83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:08 AM

As mentioned in numerous other threads, I followed HackDaBox's tut on soldering in the chip and it worked fine. That is about the only way I know of to make a spiderchip work properly on a 1.6.

#5 chuma

chuma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(jonjoyner83 @ Jan 9 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

As mentioned in numerous other threads, I followed HackDaBox's tut on soldering in the chip and it worked fine. That is about the only way I know of to make a spiderchip work properly on a 1.6.

As I just mentioned in the thread I started - my SpiderChip is working fine now in my 1.6b with the "wedge with LEGO pieces" method, after I flashed it with the right BIOS using another UNMODIFIED Xbox. My install even survived the 100km car trip back home - I was expecting that one of the wires would pop out of the vias from vibration, but they didn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users