#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:27 PM

good news indeed although i was hoping that the rumors pointed towards an entirely new game and not just a port of the PC/xbox version. im sure it wont be the usual xbox port and look really good so good news regardless.

After revealing to the net that Far Cry Instincts was going to posisbly see a release on the Xbox360, Game Informer took our info and conrimed it with their Ubisoft representatvie. According to GI, the game is confirmed for the next gen console with extra mission packs added. Here is our original report on Far Cry 360. See what happens if you stick with GR for all the latest release date and game info!

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/801/

#2 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:24 PM

Well it wouldhave made a pretty nice launch title but I'm afraid the engine is a tad outdated now unless they manage to add those nice parallax mapping effects they were supposed to add in the 1.3 patch etc. And it better run really well, because the last thing the 360 needs are half-assed PC ports that run poorly.

#3 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

I'll be happy with what ever they do with the game just as long as they add AI to the NPC's this time around dry.gif

#4 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:27 PM

IPB Image

IPB Image

#5 Mario4885

Mario4885

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:37 PM

far cry is quite wicked shit, i must admit. excluding the halo games (i mean, these games are what defined the xbox, so comparison isnt possible) far cry was the best game in the fps genre for the xbox. It had very poor distribution though, it was EXTREMELY difficult for me to find a copy of it within the US. Turns out this may have had something to do with the focus on the 360 version that was being worked on alongside instincts (turns out that we only got the first part of what was originally one large game with instincts)

Did anyone ever read any information on why they cut the original story into two installments?

#6 eurodeseo

eurodeseo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

Looks pretty.

#7 notsodiseased

notsodiseased

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jan 4 2006, 06:34 PM) View Post

I'll be happy with what ever they do with the game just as long as they add AI to the NPC's this time around dry.gif

Agreed. The main thing i hated about it was the lack of good AI and no friggin changeable difficulty. I actually like challenges so no adjustable difficulty is unacceptable.

I am absolutely in love with the feral powers. So nice.

#8 Stratus

Stratus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, xbox 360, technology in general
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:54 AM

Thats looks great, I look forward to seeing it come out

#9 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

CryTek engine tech demo
http://www.gametrail...age.php?id=2363

Edited by redwolf, 22 January 2006 - 04:42 PM.

#10 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(redwolf @ Jan 22 2006, 04:49 PM) View Post

And?

This was shown at E3 and from the press guy talking, there was nothing mentioned about it being used for any 360 games.

Plus, apparantly it won't be used in any Far Cry games anyway. Taken from a post at Xboxyde...
"Just to keep things into perspective, Crytek is no longer working on the Far Cry series, so do not expect to see this engine in use for Far Cry Instincts Predator in March. Crytek has moved on to working on their next franchise with EA leaving the Far Cry franchise in the sole ownership of Ubisoft"

#11 davsin50

davsin50

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(corkinator @ Jan 23 2006, 08:32 AM) View Post

And?

This was shown at E3 and from the press guy talking, there was nothing mentioned about it being used for any 360 games.

Well it does say "NEXT GEN" and "DIRECT X 10" so its a safe bet this engine is headed to x360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users