Photo

Team Ninja Is Killing Me (beware Of Rant!)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Vinestrike77

Vinestrike77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

I got all the story modes in 12 hours. I even got an achievement for playing over 10 hours. The toughest was beating Alpha with the African-Brazilian Dancing dude. It took my brother and I about 50 fights before we could beat her. Although I must admit my brother and I traded turns after every round that we get taken out, this helped to sit back and watch your opponent and study their every mode as well as reflect on how you were taken out and what moves to do next.

Even though I'm proud that we got all story modes before going to sleep Saturday Morning I suck playing online. I actually got twice the accomplishment for lossing 10 straight fights. I've been beaten by guys without connecting with any hit in about 5 fights. I don't know my overall record but I know I have a 16% Winning Pct.

How Ironic!

#32 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(Vinestrike77 @ Jan 4 2006, 04:18 PM) View Post

The toughest was beating Alpha with the African-Brazilian Dancing dude.

hate to break it to you man but that "dude" is a girl named lisa, im not sure if you noticed the tits and all but thats one of the hottest "dudes" i have ever seen jester.gif

playing online is NOTHING like playing the computer and just because you can beat the game fine doesnt mean jack on LIVE. i thought i would be great the first time i played online but i got schooled for the first few days. all the DoA games i have played, i would beat the computer like a joke, and would beat out any friends who would come over to play so it was safe to assume that i was pretty good. well i got a good smack of reality when i played DoA:U and found out that i really wasnt as good as i thought but just maybe everyone in my area just sucked real bad tongue.gif well the best think i did to improve my skill is just played against people constantly and learned enough things to kick my skills up a notch.

#33 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

by all means keep playing Gaiden. Tell the Horse boss on stage 3(I think) that I say hello. If you beat it, you've accomplished something.

#34 dabigdilla

dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Jan 4 2006, 01:39 PM) View Post

by all means keep playing Gaiden. Tell the Horse boss on stage 3(I think) that I say hello. If you beat it, you've accomplished something.

lol beerchug.gif to that!

#35 cyberg4

cyberg4

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

Anyone who beats gaiden on the hardest difficulty as well as all of the missions in NGB deserves a hero cookie, fresh from team ninja. That game is freaking rediculous. Alma is impossible to beat on normal as is (I'm still working on beating her on normal), but on hard, grr.gif . I want to try out DOA4 now hearing it's difficulty level rather high, but I'll probably wait until it comes into EB games as a previously played game, that someone found as "too difficult". shouldn't be too long, judging by the frustration expressed in this thread alone.

Edit: Kudos to team ninja for not making their games rediculously easy. The sense of accomplishment after beating a stage in Ninja Gaiden is much more rewarding than passing a mission in a game like Fable, or the LOTR games, which were much easier.

Edited by cyberg4, 04 January 2006 - 10:48 PM.

#36 Rubix42

Rubix42

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Jan 4 2006, 04:39 PM) View Post

Our horsey friend is on stage 2, and I found him to be much easier than stage 1. Ninpo fire and a horse's buttock's just don't make friends tongue.gif

Anyways to help out our ranting board brethren. Here is some tips.

Don't play angry, you'll just wear out your controller and whatever patience you have left.

Play DoA for fun, just realize that challenging means more fun later, less fun now. Try and stay calm while you lose 50 times in a row.

Learn the counter system, then I highly suggest playing sparring, but have the computer controlled char. on a level 8. It will routinely kick your ass, but that way you have a moving target to hit, and no health to worry about, focus on learning a couple of combos for each char. and being able to counter a few times here and there.

Play through the story mode. Once again, stop caring about your win loss record, play for fun and trying to enjoy it. I can't remember how many times I died playing the original ninja gaiden on NES, but I sure remember the day I ran whooping and hollering through the house in my pj's when I finally beat it! (sure wish I had an achievement for that smile.gif )

It will take much patience, and a whole lot of losing, but you will come to the point that you can consistently beat the comp. on normal. By the time I was working on story with Hayate (played all other char's first) I beat Alpha on my first try.

It took me about 200+ tries with Ryu Hayabusa (second char in story mode) trust me, you'll get it, just walk away from it for a while if you get pissed though. There is no point in playng if you're going to get upset.

And remember, this is coming from a guy who gets excited when I am beat by a game and it is a really tough challenge. I find almost every game I play to be really, really easy.

QUOTE(cyberg4 @ Jan 4 2006, 04:50 PM) View Post

Anyone who beats gaiden on the hardest difficulty as well as all of the missions in NGB deserves a hero cookie, fresh from team ninja. That game is freaking rediculous. Alma is impossible to beat on normal as is (I'm still working on beating her on normal), but on hard, grr.gif . I want to try out DOA4 now hearing it's difficulty level rather high, but I'll probably wait until it comes into EB games as a previously played game, that someone found as "too difficult". shouldn't be too long, judging by the frustration expressed in this thread alone.

I am on level 4 in NGB on the Ninja Master difficulty. I play it about 1 hour a week. If I can make one checkpoint in that hour, I am very, very happy!

I think at this point it would be easier for me to become a real ninja that it would be to finish that game. ph34r.gif

Edited by Rubix42, 04 January 2006 - 10:52 PM.

#37 Vinestrike77

Vinestrike77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Jan 4 2006, 01:32 PM) View Post

hate to break it to you man but that "dude" is a girl named lisa, im not sure if you noticed the tits and all but thats one of the hottest "dudes" i have ever seen jester.gif

No F%(*ing Way! That cannot be a girl. I think you are referring to La Mariposa which is the Mask Chick with the big Juggies. I'm referring to the Black guy with the dark glasses. He's the guy that has Costume #3 (upon completing in story mode) that looks like glow in the dark condom!

#38 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Jan 4 2006, 10:32 PM) View Post

I think he's talking about the Muy Thai guy hahaha

#39 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(Vinestrike77 @ Jan 4 2006, 05:00 PM) View Post

No F%(*ing Way! That cannot be a girl. I think you are referring to La Mariposa which is the Mask Chick with the big Juggies. I'm referring to the Black guy with the dark glasses. He's the guy that has Costume #3 (upon completing in story mode) that looks like glow in the dark condom!

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jan 4 2006, 05:09 PM) View Post

I think he's talking about the Muy Thai guy hahaha

oh....

sorry jester.gif

this part threw me off >
African-Brazilian Dancing

when i saw dancing i think that lisa's fighting style looks more like dancing then any other (break dancing that is) sorry ok carry on then biggrin.gif

#40 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ Jan 4 2006, 04:58 PM) View Post

Our horsey friend is on stage 2, and I found him to be much easier than stage 1. Ninpo fire and a horse's buttock's just don't make friends tongue.gif

whats stage 3, the airship? its been pretty much 2 years since I played it, my memory is fading sad.gif

I thought the first boss was kinda easy. I beat him 100 times just to see Ayane run in love.gif

The horse boss wasnt terrible, but with any boss, I try to save as much ninpo as possible for later battles, so I made it a lot harder than it needed 2 be.

back on topic..

Im still chuckling that kage thought that Vinestrike thought that Lisa was a dude laugh.gif

#41 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

ZACH... the characters name is ZACH rolleyes.gif

I can understand not remembering the japaese names but ZACH? laugh.gif

#42 dabigdilla

dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

thanks rubix....another page to my "strategy guide"

#43 Vinestrike77

Vinestrike77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 4 2006, 02:35 PM) View Post

ZACH... the characters name is ZACH rolleyes.gif

I can understand not remembering the japaese names but ZACH? laugh.gif

Is it really! Zach does not fit the profile. He looks more like a Kobe or Slick Rick

#44 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(Vinestrike77 @ Jan 4 2006, 05:53 PM) View Post

Is it really! Zach does not fit the profile. He looks more like a Kobe or Slick Rick

Me and my friends lovingly refer to him as "Rodman"... of the Dennis variety. Not that it matters much, we don't really use him.

#45 Vinestrike77

Vinestrike77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:02 AM

Rodman! LOL good Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users