#1 ThEoNe1223

ThEoNe1223

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:20 AM

Can some one teach me how to flash my bios i have never modded anything AND I MEAN THAT nothing. so id appriciate all help.

and also i dont know what version my xbox i gessed bc it was kinda new so how can i find out?

i am not shure what version my xbox is also i got it and i kinda gessed bc it was brandnew when i got it so id like to know how i find out that aswell thanks! jester.gif

#2 ndsbass

ndsbass

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:23 AM

version you have to open your xbox to accurately determine the version

you cannot flash a bios unless you have a modchip or an early xbox version which has the large tsop banks

find out what version you have and go from there

#3 ThEoNe1223

ThEoNe1223

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:33 AM

well i have a different cd drive that came with my xbox because my cousin and i opened it and we changed the light color and i think i had a phillips drive if u know the others name them and then let me know and then ill be able to remember. thanks also if u have aim im me at simpsonk8 on there im on now thanks! cool.gif

so do u know?

#4 ndsbass

ndsbass

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:35 AM

the first step is to determine your version. use the link i gave you in my previous post.

#5 ThEoNe1223

ThEoNe1223

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:39 AM

it says 1.6b

#6 ndsbass

ndsbass

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:55 AM

then you must do a softmod or get a modchip, i recommend the x3 modchip but w/e you do dont make a thread trying to get advice on which chip to get or wether to do a softmod or hardmod(modchip) since it will turn into a flaming war and close in 5 seconds. if you are interested in modding your xbox i would recommend first reading this as it gives you a good idea of what xbox modding is all about. dont be discouraged if you dont understand it, it is a little confusing. after you read that you need to choose which mod you woul like to go with. if you end up doing a hardmod(modchip) see the stickied thread at the top of this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users